Windows 10: HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

Discus and support HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a 10TB Toshiba Drive to use as a secondary drive. It works great as long as I don't put my computer to sleep. When I wake my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pieces029, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Pieces029 Win User

HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

I recently got a 10TB Toshiba Drive to use as a secondary drive. It works great as long as I don't put my computer to sleep. When I wake my computer back up from sleep it's just gone. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, 2004 update.

I've updated the bios, and checked for any settings that could help there, nothing.
    I tried messing with the power settings and telling it to not let the hard drive go to sleep.

I've checked the cables a few times, they are good, and this doesn't happen until after the computer goes to sleep.

I've tried to make sure the driver is up to date.

I tried a few other suggestions I found on the internet that didn't do anything.

The drive doesn't show up under Disk Management after the sleep. I can however go to Device Management, view -> show hidden devices and then hard drives and see the drive. If I go to it's properties I see the following error message

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Any other solutions to try?

:)

Pieces029, Aug 22, 2020

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 22, 2020
  4. HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

1. HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep - Similar Threads - HDD Disappearing Computer

2. HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep: Not sure what to do with this any more. I have a 300x Toshiba HDD for storing large files. Every time I wake my pc from sleep, the HDD will vanish. I cannot find it using Disk Management or any other method.Tried:- Updating/reinstalling drivers- Changing the SATA port-...
  3. HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep: Not sure what to do with this any more. I have a 300x Toshiba HDD for storing large files. Every time I wake my pc from sleep, the HDD will vanish. I cannot find it using Disk Management or any other method.Tried:- Updating/reinstalling drivers- Changing the SATA port-...
  4. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  5. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  6. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  7. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Computer goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep by itself: My computer screen turns itself off. Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  9. Computer goes to sleep early

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep early: I have a HP Z Book with Windows 10 64 bit. No matter what settings I use it always goes to sleep after one minute. Unless you choose never and then it shuts down when the battery is depleted. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  10. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...