Windows 10: HDD disappearing

Discus and support HDD disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem started yesterday it. When I booted my HDD just wasn't there in my windows, although it still was shown in my BIOS after many tries of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GandolfAdam, Sep 28, 2019.

1. HDD disappearing

The problem started yesterday it. When I booted my HDD just wasn't there in my windows, although it still was shown in my BIOS after many tries of changing SATA cable with my SDD then changing the place where I plugged it in don't know how many times it just appeared again. Same thing happened a few hours later after I booted it from sleep mode but then it just helped restarting the pc and now I have the same issue again with the HDD being not here.

:)

GandolfAdam, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 28, 2019
  3. HDD disappear when used

Hi,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using your SSD and HDD. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10?
    • What changes were made to your device before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD disappearing

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

HDD disappearing

1. HDD disappearing - Similar Threads - HDD disappearing

2. best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on...: best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on adjacent internal disk & uninstalling expired McAfee Antivi on the Win 10 home drive that was expired as Win 10 home disk was sitting on shelf, it is in ATA optical drive caddy in CD drive...
  3. best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on...: best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on adjacent internal disk & uninstalling expired McAfee Antivi on the Win 10 home drive that was expired as Win 10 home disk was sitting on shelf, it is in ATA optical drive caddy in CD drive...
  4. best recovery of Win 10 pro primary Hdd that disappeared after booting Win 10 home on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a HDD that would disappear when I try to install something into it. The hard drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HDD that would disappear when I try to install something into it. The hard drive...: my hard drive completely disappears in my system and cannot be found anywhere. But when left untouched it doesn't disappear or whatsoever. It only disappears when I edit or install something into it....
  6. I have a HDD that would disappear when I try to install something into it. The hard drive...

I have a HDD that would disappear when I try to install something into it. The hard drive...: my hard drive completely disappears in my system and cannot be found anywhere. But when left untouched it doesn't disappear or whatsoever. It only disappears when I edit or install something into it....
  7. I have a HDD that would disappear when I try to install something into it. The hard drive...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. H:\ HDD disappeared with a question mark on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    H:\ HDD disappeared with a question mark on it: This happens randomly, meaning it can appear and disappear anytime. I searched for this on the internet, checked disk manager, drive manager, and no result. It doesn't appear on disk manager and drive manager, but it does in file explorerbut inaccessible. Please help me ASAP...
  9. H:\ HDD disappeared with a question mark on it

H:\ HDD disappeared with a question mark on it: This happens randomly, meaning it can appear and disappear anytime. I searched for this on the internet, checked disk manager, drive manager, and no result. It doesn't appear on disk manager and drive manager, but it does in file explorerbut inaccessible. Please help me ASAP...
  10. My secondary HDD disappears until i restart my laptop.

My secondary HDD disappears until i restart my laptop.: Helloi have an Asus laptop that comes in with a 1 tb HDD drive and i recently bought an ssd 240 gb and replaced the dvd drive with a rack for the hdd so i can boot the system on the ssd and use the hdd for storage i'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with that.everything...