Windows 10: HDD disappears from Explorer

Discus and support HDD disappears from Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All was fine until recently. There's been no hardware changes or software installs, apart from possibly Windows updates! Physically all is fine. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TCMan, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TCMan Win User

HDD disappears from Explorer

All was fine until recently. There's been no hardware changes or software installs, apart from possibly Windows updates!

Physically all is fine.

A 2nd internal HDD E: randomly fails to appear in windows explorer. Rebooting the PC usually resorts the drive view.

Q - Why should this be happening?

:)

TCMan, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 27, 2020
  3. HDD disappear when used

Hi,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using your SSD and HDD. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10?
    • What changes were made to your device before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD disappears from Explorer - Similar Threads - HDD disappears Explorer

2. HDD SATA DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD SATA DISAPPEARED: After updating to Windows 11, my HDD disks disappeared. The ssd drives are in place and working. But the most interesting thing is that they are perfectly visible in the BIOS, but they are nowhere in the OS. When you roll back to Windows 10, they start working again.How to...
  3. HDD SATA DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD SATA DISAPPEARED: After updating to Windows 11, my HDD disks disappeared. The ssd drives are in place and working. But the most interesting thing is that they are perfectly visible in the BIOS, but they are nowhere in the OS. When you roll back to Windows 10, they start working again.How to...
  4. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  5. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  6. Internal HDD disappears randomly only at start up from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD disappears randomly only at start up from File Explorer: Good day,This might get a bit long so here we go...Some stats:O.S.: Win 10 Pro 64 bit up to date as of todayMotherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII HERO WIFI BIOS and driver are up to dateCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700Memory: Corsair Dominator running at 3000 MHzBoot Drive: Samsung 970...
  7. HDD disappeared and reappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD disappeared and reappeared: Hi! So i was playing some games that was installed on my secondary drive and it always somehow disappeared and reappeared after a few seconds. does anyone have a solution for this because cant make any progress in anything...
  8. HDD disappearing

HDD disappearing: The problem started yesterday it. When I booted my HDD just wasn't there in my windows, although it still was shown in my BIOS after many tries of changing SATA cable with my SDD then changing the place where I plugged it in don't know how many times it just appeared again....
  9. DVDs disappeared from windows explorer

DVDs disappeared from windows explorer: After updating windows 10 to the newest version my 2 dvds disappeared although they can be found in the device manager. The drivers are a problem as I cannot update them and get the code 52....
  10. HDD Disappeared from File Explorer after upgrade to Ver 1709

HDD Disappeared from File Explorer after upgrade to Ver 1709: One of my drives disappeared from the left hand side pane of file explorer (see image). [img] It is categorised as a removable disk like the other HDDs and I used the registry hack found here Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 I can see...