Windows 10: HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10

Discus and support HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So what I did is I unplugged my HDD to be sure I wouldn't lose anything on it, did a reset on windows 10 on my SSD. After this was done I plugged my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RickRick20, May 23, 2020.

1. HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10

So what I did is I unplugged my HDD to be sure I wouldn't lose anything on it, did a reset on windows 10 on my SSD. After this was done I plugged my HDD back in and if I now install a program onto my HDD it's very bugged, icons don't show, can't open file location, can't search it in windows search etc.

Pictures:

https://gyazo.com/a3749b6a321d239abf087504d41715bb

https://gyazo.com/b4821d67f458cbe5355c17638939bf87

https://gyazo.com/7ad97cb4382b0ccd7fb532135adc4403

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/RickRick20
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RickRick20, May 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, May 23, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10 [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 23, 2020
Thema:

HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10

1. HDD doesn't work correctly after resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDD doesn't correctly

2. PC doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn't work correctly: I have a 1 year old laptop that worked perfectly until yesterday. It was very fast searching stuff on google or opening apps, but now it doesnt let me search anything on any browser. I know this is not a wifi problem since it works perfectly on my phone. It also takes like...
  3. After update of windows 10, start menu on one screen doesn't work correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update of windows 10, start menu on one screen doesn't work correctly.: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0.19043.1151After yesterdays update of Windows 10, start menu on one screen doesn't work correctly while it is ok on the other screen. On my main screen it opens and then almost immediately closes. Since this is my main screen, Win button doesn't...
  4. Filename sorting doesn't work correctly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filename sorting doesn't work correctly in Windows 10: This is definately a bug... When sorting filenames in ascending order, why a space character has a lower value than a null character? For example, this is what I get: File A.txt File.txt FileA.txt or File - Copy.c File.c PS: I've already tried changing the...
  5. Mouse doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse doesn't work correctly: My mouse doesn't seem to respond to movement or clicks. Although it is lit up, nothing seems to be responding. A quick solution to this is unplugging and replugging it back in but there is a good chance it won't work in twenty minutes and I would have to unplug and replug...
  6. Windows 10 pro key doesn't work after system reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro key doesn't work after system reset.: I got a windows 10 pro key that I got when I bought my pre-built PC around 3 years ago, I never had to re-enter it after the very first time i did back then and I've reset my PC multiple times before, but last week I had a problem with my SSD and I couldn't boot my system up...
  7. Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset: I have a laptop with an integrated fingerprint sensor. I originally set up a few of my fingerprints when I setup Windows and everything was working fine. About a month ago, I had some serious problems with UWP apps and decided to perform a Reset to fix them. Now that I've...
  8. Why doesn't the mouse work after resetting Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't the mouse work after resetting Windows 10?: Hello,after resetting windows 10 the mouse doesn't work anymore,i tested all usb ports with an usb cable and they're work but when I try the mouse it doesn't. I cannot scan the HID for hardware changes because it's not there. submitted by /u/genito123 [link] [comments]...
  9. After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly: I booted into safe mode earlier, however now when booting normally, the following things are noticeable: Windows 10 runs much slower Not all startup programs and services run The search bar cannot be used Indexing is disabled and cannot be enabled Any program or service...
  10. Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates: I have been trying to undo the problems that the last two Windows 10 updates have caused on my HP laptop. Some of the issues that I'm having are: -- When I click on the Start Menu or push the button on the keyboard, the Start Menu doesn't come up. -- Because the Start...