Windows 10: HDD drives not initializing

Discus and support HDD drives not initializing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KingBeef4, Oct 30, 2020.

1. HDD drives not initializing

Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk and thought I was good to go. Come to find out anytime I reboot the exact same thing happens. Disks go back to not initialized and all data is gone. If it was only happening to 1 of them I would think the hdd is just dead and replace it but the fact that it repeatedly happens to both of them is a red flag to me that it's a driver or win10 update has completely screwed me.. so at this point I have no idea what to do. Please help if anyone knows anything..

If important here's Comp specs.. Mobo - X570 aorus pro wifi Cpu - ryzen 9 Gpu - RTX 2080 super Ram - 32g rgb corsair vengeance

submitted by /u/KingBeef4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KingBeef4, Oct 30, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 30, 2020
  3. josephng1 Win User
    Storage HDD Disappeared & can't initialize

Hi Guys,

I have a computer running windows 10 latest update.

OS on NVME drive

Fast storage on SSD

Long term storage on HDD

& old files on another HDD

This old drive was apart of a raid 0 and i migrated to new computer when i built it.

Earlier this month, the Old files HDD disappeared from my computer.

On disk management the Drive just says Disk 1, on device manager it shows as a code im assuming which is the drive.

Drivers are updated.

When i go try to initialize the drive it gives me a GPT partition is not large enough to initialize.

I do have the other drive sitting in my closet, but i have put some files on that drive since then & would like to recover it.

Any suggestions?

josephng1, Oct 30, 2020
  4. HDD drives not initializing

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

HDD drives not initializing

1. HDD drives not initializing - Similar Threads - HDD drives initializing

2. Internal HDD unable to initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  3. HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  4. 8tb hdd issue with initializing

8tb hdd issue with initializing: So tried initializing the HDD but an error pops up saying “theres an I/O device error.” Tried everything i could, went to youtube for answers, asked a buddy etc and nothing still. Its a brand new HDD and also i have windows 10. Tried updating it but its already up to...
  5. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  6. Concern about initializing HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Concern about initializing HDD: Hello, I moved a hard drive from a RAID set up to another computer to test if it was working. Computer management utility is asking me to initialize it as if it is brand new. Shouldn't the hard drive already be initialized if my RAID set up was working properly? And will...
  7. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  8. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: I have a 500gb external HD USB and it has data on it that I need cause the drive doesnt not show up now. I went into my computer management and disk 1 says not initialize. When I try to initialize to GPT it says the drive is too small. Now before all this happened I had...
  9. HDD Drive. Cannot access/partition/initialize.

HDD Drive. Cannot access/partition/initialize.: Hey, I recently found my old HDD and decided to format it to get more space. It, for some reason, failed. Before I tried rebooting, I still saw it in my files where my other drives C:, D: were, but with no meter showing how full it is and when I tried to access it it...
  10. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: Since I put vmWare 10 on my laptop , my external HDD wont initialize. it says its there but when i try to initialize it tells me my drive is too small for GPT, Its 500gb. When I installed VMWare i might have had the external connected and i believe i opted for to split...