Windows 10: HDD Drives

Discus and support HDD Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I work one of my drives the action is duplicated on a separate drive, they are not partitioned. Each drive has its own SATA connection to the MB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by todsweeneyDM, Jun 13, 2019.

1. HDD Drives

When I work one of my drives the action is duplicated on a separate drive, they are not partitioned. Each drive has its own SATA connection to the MB. A suggestion how to rectify would be much appreciated.

:)

todsweeneyDM, Jun 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 13, 2019
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD Drives

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

HDD Drives

1. HDD Drives - Similar Threads - HDD Drives

2. where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my...: where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my brother or even if its working or updated not updates i downloaded trojan and even if i cloned the disk its ruined too or if i use only c the d would be good or if i use d it would not be...
  3. Move Windows 10 from a laptop hdd to a new sdd drive

Move Windows 10 from a laptop hdd to a new sdd drive: Hello.I have recently bought an ssd drive of 240Gb to install into my old Dell Inspiron 15r which currently has a 1Tb hdd and wish to use the sdd drive as the boot drive and to hold a few important programs and the hdd drive for holding all the other applications and any new...
  4. Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive

Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive: In my laptop Lenevo ideapad 320 14ikb, there is a 2.5 inch 1tb HDD. But it doesn't have any SSD slot. So, I decided to install a sata SSD in place of HDD and move the HDD in the CD/DVD drive using a caddy. Now, I want to setup new clean windows in the SSD No cloning. Most...
  5. BitLocker asking for recovery key after moving HDD to optical drive caddy

BitLocker asking for recovery key after moving HDD to optical drive caddy: I replaced the original HDD in my Dell Inspiron 15-3567 manufactured 2018 with a new SSD, then moved the original HDD to the optical drive bay using a caddy. Beforehand, I made a Windows installation flash drive and also saved any files I wanted from the original HDD in...
  6. How to move folders/files from SDD My PC C: Drive to HDD D: Drive .....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move folders/files from SDD My PC C: Drive to HDD D: Drive .....: I understand the basics of clicking the location tab to move folders from C: drive to D: drive, but my question is about the path name.For example: My DOCUMENTS folder on MY PC C: drive location reads as "C: \ Users\ my name" and subfolders "C: \ Users\ my name\ documents"...
  7. I have an SSD in my pc and an external hard drive. If I connect my external hdd and run a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an SSD in my pc and an external hard drive. If I connect my external hdd and run a...: I have an SSD in my pc and an external hard drive. If I connect my external hdd and run a game from it will it run at the same speed as it runs when run from the ssd drive? I haven't tried it...
  8. System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???: Started doing some cleaning and guttering of the system today and found that my HDD which is just used for mass junk storage like movies, Shadowplay recordings etc etc has 2 drive letters assigned to it.. And thought thats weird. then looked in dis management and seen that it...
  9. Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive: Hi, I want the secondary HDD in my laptop to be recognised as removable. This way I hope that the drive can automatically spin down without ever being spun up for no apparent reason by the OS, if set to something like quick removal which should disable write caching on the...
  10. I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.: Hey everyone, I bought a new HDD and my old HDD is dying. So I want to move my C drive to a empty partition of new HDD so that my new HDD become my boot drive. The problem is I don't know how to do that. I tried to use a software called minitool shadow maker but it wants to...