Windows 10: HDD error detection

Discus and support HDD error detection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop crashed, my message is: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HHD) I can't get a command line what can I do?And I don't no what codes to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephanieYork1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. HDD error detection

My laptop crashed, my message is: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HHD)

I can't get a command line what can I do?And I don't no what codes to use when I do get a command prompt.

Can you please help.

Thank you

:)

StephanieYork1, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 12, 2018
  3. HDD S.M.A.R.T. reports error, what should I do?

first step is to back up the data first ... Then check the hdd for errors, etc ...

Morrison5891, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD error detection

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

HDD error detection

1. HDD error detection - Similar Threads - HDD error detection

2. HDD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not getting detected anywhere: Hi!I have Lenovo Z51-70 which came with a regular HDD. I brought a SSD drive and then did a clean install with installation media transfer of OS. Everything went well and the system is running very smoothly on the SSD.The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came...
  3. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  4. SSD detecting as an HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  5. SSD detecting as an HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  6. My SSD is detected as a HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is detected as a HDD.: So I'm trying to set up Linux to dual boot, and I go to defragment my drive. It's detected as a HDD instead of an SSD. I've tried switching to that drive in Command Prompt and running both winsat commands. However, it still shows as a HDD. Any fix for this?...
  7. 2100: detection error on hdd0main hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2100: detection error on hdd0main hdd: Hi, My laptop is crshing ramdomly and it says that "2100: hdd detection error" I have lenovo thinkpad t440 and there is a 240gb adata ssd in it I am recieving this error several times I had done every thing updating drivers, updating firmware on ssd, I have also reintalled...
  8. New HDD not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD not detected: Yesterday I went to a seagate service center with my 1TB Seagate Baracuda which had around 1976 bad sectors. They instantly replaced my HDD with a new Recertified one. I came home and try to install in my PC. But its not showing even in Disk management (I have windows in...
  9. have a problem of detecting the hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    have a problem of detecting the hdd: Hello, I just installed window on my ssd, but my hdd just never appear in the window. In the bios menu, and the installation process, both my ssd and hdd can be detected. I am here to seek my advice and some possible solution. Thanks!...
  10. External HDD not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detected: As I got the new Lenovo ideapad Miix 310, I tried to connect my 2.5inch Samsung M3 Portable to it, because I have some installation stuff on it. And while the HDD gets powered up and (usually) listed in Device Manager, it does not show in My Computer. It also doesn't show in...