Windows 10: HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?

Discus and support HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an offline Windows PC and its drive is failing. Rather than reinstalling, which would take some time on this PC, I'd like to clone it.Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Izzie_609, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Izzie_609 Win User

HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?

I have an offline Windows PC and its drive is failing. Rather than reinstalling, which would take some time on this PC, I'd like to clone it.Are there any tools or methods to reliably clone a drive with all of its partitions and even from HDD to SSD without having to reactivate Windows 7 32, Ult online?

:)

Izzie_609, Nov 25, 2021
  2. OOLuigiOo Win User

Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Failing HDD and Cloning

Physical damage then? If not even a software that is designed to skip over bad sectors can get what you're looking for then maybe that's it for this drive? I'm sure that there are experts on data retrieval out there that can take a shot at it but it's not guaranteed that they'll get anything out of it.

Did you try to just copy some files one at a time to see if the drive cooperates, as suggested? This old 320GB drive wouldn't copy folders but would do the contents of the folders one at a time.

tabascosauz, Nov 25, 2021
  4. OOLuigiOo Win User

HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?

Failing HDD and Cloning

So if an HDD is slow(Seagate 2TB HDD) and the HDD loads really slow in windows and for scanning how long may a sector by sector cloning take if the HDD if almost all of the 2TB is used up if the cloning is done on a boot up CD?

Basically, the HDD is now painfully slow to load up in windows and takes light years to scan if it does scan.
    2TB space almost used up.
    It's a Seagate HDD.
    Boot into CD software, not windows.
    Sector by Sector cloning from there.

Also, if a Seagate software were to exist for this, would it be any faster?

Note: This drive is said to be at 4% health...

At this health, what is the likelihood of recovering all files not in bad sectors?

And what about files in bad sectors?

What is the fastest way to clone a failing HDD and is now really slow?

And what other ways are there to transfer files from this HDD myself?

OOLuigiOo, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online? - Similar Threads - HDD failing offline

2. HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?: I have an offline Windows PC and its drive is failing. Rather than reinstalling, which would take some time on this PC, I'd like to clone it.Are there any tools or methods to reliably clone a drive with all of its partitions and even from HDD to SSD without having to...
  3. Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive: Hi there,I've recently cloned my 500gig hard drive onto a 4T hard drive. All of my files, folders, and programs are functioning properly, but my Windows 10 Home is no longer activated. I've attempted to re-enter my product key, but it will not accept it. Any help would be...
  4. Can I clone my drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I clone my drive?: I am building a new PC that I am performing a new install of Windows 10 Pro on. My old PC has Windows 10 Home, which was part of the free upgrade initiative the PC originally had Windows 8.1. Is it possible for me to just clone my drive or use the Windows File Transfer tool...
  5. Cloning hdd ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  6. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  7. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  8. EXT HDD Show "Online" but are "Offline" After Clone (Can't Format)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EXT HDD Show "Online" but are "Offline" After Clone (Can't Format): I'm on Windows 10 Home, using USB 3.0 EXT HDD (one Glyph & one Fantom) The Problem: I attempted to clone each drive using Macrium Reflect as I've done many times before to back up information. Something's up because both drives seem to be bricked. At the moment that is. If...
  9. Windows 10 won't reactivate with a offline account after using an online license

Windows 10 won't reactivate with a offline account after using an online license: My device has a license which I've used with a Microsoft account for the past year. I was going to resell it and reinstalled windows without an online account and the laptop no longer activates. Its a dell so it should have a valid key....
  10. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...