Windows 10: HDD failure with no backup disks

Discus and support HDD failure with no backup disks in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Hp Laptop was dropped and my HDD is beyond repair. I want to purchase a new SSD but I don't have my activation key. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by msn4sbln, Sep 25, 2020.

1. msn4sbln Win User

HDD failure with no backup disks

My Hp Laptop was dropped and my HDD is beyond repair. I want to purchase a new SSD but I don't have my activation key. What should I do?

:)

msn4sbln, Sep 25, 2020

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Sep 25, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 25, 2020
  4. t260g Win User

disk boot failure

my hard drive died recently, and i ordered a new one. this new drive is a western digital se16 500gb. i need to format this drive, but when i try to boot from cd in post, there is a disk boot failure message: disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter. i have the XP cd in the drive, yet it will not recognize it. if you continue to press enter, the same message appears over and over again. could it be a defective HDD? would jumpers have anything to do with this?

t260g, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD failure with no backup disks - Similar Threads - HDD failure backup

2. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hdd failure: Hello , Every time i start on my laptop it freezes at a point before the windows Sign appears, even if I want to enter the configuration when pressing F10 , it takes a while. So vie took out the regular HDD and left the SSD in the laptop . Then the laptop come back to normal...
  3. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd failure: Hello , Every time i start on my laptop it freezes at a point before the windows Sign appears, even if I want to enter the configuration when pressing F10 , it takes a while. So vie took out the regular HDD and left the SSD in the laptop . Then the laptop come back to normal...
  4. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. backup failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup failure: I cannot backup to an external hard drive. I get a message that system would not backup due to a virus or unwanted program, or something like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-failure/e4bbebd5-e28b-4aea-993b-262c91955f2b
  6. Backup & repair disk of PC with external HDD

Backup & repair disk of PC with external HDD: Suppose want to create a System Image ISO and a repair disk or thumb drive for a Windows 10 PC that has an external drive containing data that doesn't need to be backed backed up. Should I disconnect the external drive before the doing the backup & repair disk and then...
  7. The backup failed. There was a failure while compacting virtual disk on backup location...

The backup failed. There was a failure while compacting virtual disk on backup location...: [ATTACH] I was doing a system image backup on USB flash drive which almost 2 TB, I was doing backup to network location, like the video on he instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCxJfUO1-Qw It is basically explains how to do image system backup to USB...
  8. backup failure

backup failure: Every time I try to backup my WIN10 pc I get a failure message. I am informed that my empty 500gb external drive is too small for a backup. It appears that I need over 607gig for a backup to work. This seems way over the top to me as c: drive is only 506gb total. Any help...
  9. Backup Failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Failure: I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns. Win10 1803.. I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive. I have have backups with xml files and one with zip files. Don't ask me how. I tried restoring and ended up with all the necessary thunderbird files...
  10. Macrium Create Tescue Media ..on backup hdd or on DVD disk??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Create Tescue Media ..on backup hdd or on DVD disk??: I see two choices are available in creating rescue media... Which choice is better? If I create the rescue media on the backup drive which has the system partirion and the data partition do I need to also make the DVD rescue disk too? 70819