Windows 10: HDD file recovery from RAW

Discus and support HDD file recovery from RAW in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tarqh, Mar 2, 2023.

1. tarqh Win User

HDD file recovery from RAW

hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what this means and if it's even possible to retrieve any data. Btw, this all happened because the laptop was stuck in a repair loop! thank you in anticipation

:)

tarqh, Mar 2, 2023
  2. zbook Win User

Options to fix RAW recovery partitions

P and Q were assigned to run chkdsk /b /v.
    This failed.

Then diskparinfo script was then ran displaying the new drive letters.
    Images of disk management and PW were then posted.

Please list the steps.

zbook, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Neuro Win User
    Slow HDD with many bad sectors; Data recovery

Hi everyone,
    I tried to copy files using Linux as described by Paul Black. I am not used to Linux so I simply tried to copy the files on the new HDD. Some files where smoothely copied while others resulted in an error (Error splicing file: Input/output error). However, while at first I could mount the HDD this stopped now and I am not able to access the HDD via Linux anymore (it is listed but I am unable to mount it). In Windows I have limited access. After several minutes sometimes the drive can be opened but eventually freezes leading to a black screen and an unresponsive computer.
    Is there any other tool that I can use or can I assume all data are irretrievable lost?
    Best

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, @jumanji I did not see your posting. Here are the required screenshots.

HDD file recovery from RAW 359164d1644265417t-slow-hdd-many-bad-sectors-data-recovery-unbenannt.png

Here is a translation of the report:
    Failure possible - Attribute 1 raw read error rate. During reading of the raw data errors were detected. This suggests problems with the surface or the ´read-and-write heads of the drive.
    There are 577 bad sectors on the surface. These can be remapped during later use.
    Link
    HDD needs to replaced immediately.
    It is recommended to backup data to prevent data loss.

HDD file recovery from RAW 359165d1644265417t-slow-hdd-many-bad-sectors-data-recovery-unbenannt2.png

Neuro, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Strobenz Win User

External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

Hi dalchina, thanks for the response!
    I tried Active@ Partition Recovery but got this:

HDD file recovery from RAW 291753d1596909568t-external-hdd-fat32-but-recognized-raw-screenshot_2.jpg

"MBR needs to be fixed", what does that mean?

The "SuperScan" tool did nothing...

And I have already tried some of the suggestions from post #9 that you provided, to no avail *Sad

Strobenz, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

1. HDD file recovery from RAW - Similar Threads - HDD file recovery

2. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  3. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  4. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  5. File RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  6. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  7. I need to recover files from a raw hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to recover files from a raw hdd: I have a raw hdd and i need to recover all the data on it. Could you recommend me a data recovery program that makes a deep scan to the disk? Thank you submitted by /u/Rabahpro [link] [comments]...
  8. After Win Update, HDD RAW, files gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win Update, HDD RAW, files gone: Long story short: I did a Windows 10 Update, and after that my PC wouldn't start anymore. I uninstalled the latest quality update via the repair center. After that, I was able to boot Windows 10, however, my HDD was no longer "existing". That means, it's marked as "Type...
  9. An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.

An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.: Had this happen today after the 14926 update. Went to save the .esd to my 2TB WD hard drive and received an error that the HDD was no longer there. Disc management revealed it was now formatted to RAW, all my data is gone. I see others are having similar occurrences of this...
  10. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...