Windows 10: HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

Discus and support HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dros028, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Dros028 Win User

HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB there, only UEFI.any tips appreciated.

:)

Dros028, Nov 11, 2022
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 11, 2022
  3. NTM2003 Win User
    formating a failing HDD

so I formatted a failing HDD, it is now empty will it still keep crashing and failing if you reinstall a new Version of windows? it was from a old HP pc I believe it had windows 8.1 before it started crashing

NTM2003, Nov 11, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

1. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows - Similar Threads - HDD formatted can't

2. Can't access anything!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access anything!: Hi. I usually turn on my computer, put in my pin, and oila, I'm in. This morning, the system does not recognize my password or pin, AND when I try to click on the Windows key + R, it plugs in dots in the password bar, as if I'm typing a password. Do I have a virus? And if so,...
  3. Can't access anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything!: Hi. I usually turn on my computer, put in my pin, and oila, I'm in. This morning, the system does not recognize my password or pin, AND when I try to click on the Windows key + R, it plugs in dots in the password bar, as if I'm typing a password. Do I have a virus? And if so,...
  4. Can't access anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  6. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  7. Can't format HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format HDD: SO yeah, I can't format HHD, no way. chkdsk doesn't work, it's RAW, format doesn't work and gives me errors. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-format-hdd/6f2ac8df-6890-4e8a-a850-638e1556a4ef
  8. Can't format HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format HDD: SO yeah, I can't format HHD, no way. chkdsk doesn't work, it's RAW, format doesn't work and gives me errors. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-format-hdd/6f2ac8df-6890-4e8a-a850-638e1556a4ef
  9. Can't format HDD

10. Can't format my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format my HDD: So i tried formatting my HDD trough cmd and the drives manager. Both don't let me do it. When i do it with cmd it says can't format drive with system-,crashdump-, upstartvolume. The only file i have on my HDD is the windowsApps file. When i factory reset my pc it doesn't...