Windows 10: HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

Discus and support HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by layk 5t, May 4, 2021.

1. layk 5t Win User

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it

:)

layk 5t, May 4, 2021
  2. layk 5t Win User

hp-15 ac002nt

I'm sure the caddy interface I use is sata 3, but the mini sata (interface used by dvd drives) version is not that I know much.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the result

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds [​IMG]

layk 5t, May 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2021
  4. layk 5t Win User

Well, what do you think is the problem? It is said because the voltage is not enough in a few places.
    I can throw the photo of the hdd if necessary

- - - Updated - - -

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds [​IMG]

As a result, this write speed sometimes increases, these values ​​must be at least 106 MB / S.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a MacOS operating system on my computer, I can boot that system and also do a speed test from there, I will share the problem screen images here.

layk 5t, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds - Similar Threads - HDD caddy slow

2. could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?: I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop, and it crashes all the time, no matter what. I've also noticed lots of lag, even on the lowest settings on java & bedrcock. I've got a 2015 Toshiba satellite c55-b5100 and, well. Lets say, the hard drive is kind of slow and old, 5...
  3. Slow SSD Write Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...
  4. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...
  5. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Slow write speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow write speed: Hi, best wishes for 2019! I've noticed lately that my writing speed is quite low. I mean when I copy/paste a large file from one disk to another, or from one disk to an USB external HDD. Things I tried already: - Disk Cleanup - Ccleaner - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  7. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  8. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. Insanely slow HDD random read/write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insanely slow HDD random read/write: I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium...