Windows 10: HDD is "fade out" in My Computer and no media

Discus and support HDD is "fade out" in My Computer and no media in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a 2TB WD internal HDD that are currently fade out when I view with My Computer. I checked with disk management and the device is "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mual, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Mual Win User

HDD is "fade out" in My Computer and no media

Hello! I have a 2TB WD internal HDD that are currently fade out when I view with My Computer. I checked with disk management and the device is "No Media". Anyone know whats wrong with the HDD? Any info needed for me to post here to help me get to know whats wrong with the HDD?
    I tried CMD and I want to check disk but it says that "Cannot Open Volume for direct access".
    Also, for this 2TB HDD, I didn't use Sata Connector to run, I always use a HDD dock (via USB) to access the HDD to backup my data into this HDD. I connect the USB to my PC and then the power adapter for the dock to function.

I not sure is the drive failing or just cannot be detected.

I just hope that the HDD is not damaged or unable to recover the data.

Thanks.

:)

Mual, Dec 7, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Dec 7, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Dec 7, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Is it showing in Device manager? Have you tried installing the newer driver for chipset? If you have a spare drive, replace it and check that the drive is faulty or not.

brummyfan, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Mual Win User
    Yes, something like USB Generic Device thingy. I have the latest chipset installed, downloaded from the Acer website.
    I don't have other spare drive already, I only have this 2 TB WD HDD to use as an external backup device. Tried on multiple computer, no luck getting it to run. But if I go to disk management it said No Media.

Mual, Dec 9, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Right click the start(bottom left), go to Disk management, select the external drive, right click and select Change Drive Letter, choose a convenient letter not already in the laptop.

HDD is "fade out" in My Computer and no media [​IMG]

brummyfan, Dec 9, 2015
  7. Mual Win User
    Oh, I did try this before. It doesn't work. It just doesn't. And I have no other option to choose, can't even format. The disk is just no media *Sad

8. Word Man Win User

What else have you tried?

Plug it into a different USB port?

Plug it into another computer?

Plug it in with a different cable?

Does this drive have an external power supply or does it get power from the USB cable?

Word Man, Dec 10, 2015
  9. Mual Win User
    I already tried the first 2 option. I cannot try any other cable to connect the HDD using the dock because I have only 1 cable that comes with the HDD docks.
    Yea, when I dock the HDD, it uses another power supply. I need to connect the power supply to the socket and the USB to the computer.

And another problem is even when I connect using SATA cable and SATA power cable, BIOS didn't detect the HDD. I also tried booting the Windows and check on "My Computer" when connected using SATA cable and SATA power cable, which the HDD doesn't show up.

If I connect using dock and it can detect the HDD but saying the device has no media, what does it mean? Cause connecting using SATA cable and SATA power cable doesn't work?

Mual, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HDD is "fade out" in My Computer and no media - Similar Threads - HDD fade Computer

2. Microphone fades in and out constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone fades in and out constantly: I looked around in the settings and I figured it out. Microsoft is using its own 'Audio Enhancements' but sometimes it causes your microphone to cut in and outTo turn it off you go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Input and select the microphone you want to fix > click the...
  3. Microphone fades in and out constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone fades in and out constantly: I looked around in the settings and I figured it out. Microsoft is using its own 'Audio Enhancements' but sometimes it causes your microphone to cut in and outTo turn it off you go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Input and select the microphone you want to fix > click the...
  4. Computer screen looks washed out or Fading monitor screen

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen looks washed out or Fading monitor screen: [ATTACH]Does your Windows 11/10 computer screen look washed out or display a fading monitor screen? If yes, then this article might help you fix it. Some users have complained that the color of their computer screen or monitor faded out suddenly. Yet others have said that the...
  5. all sounds fade out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all sounds fade out: hi everyone 1st time posting, so my problem is that while im using xbox party on windows 10, all my sounds fade out and when either someone speaks or a loud noise is on the game/music, it then comes back for abit the fades out again please help...
  6. Sound fading in and out at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound fading in and out at times: When I am listening to an online podcast or a video or even my church service, the sound fades in and out at times. When I have video chats with family and friends on the Alexa app, I am fading out I am told. Why is this happening and what can I do to repair this issue? Is it...
  7. Microphone fades in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone fades in and out: Hi, I suddenly got this weird issue with my microphone, it fades in and out all the time. I have tried different microphones and all of them have the same issue. I had this once before and fixed it some how by putting in a new microphone and pulling it out put this time it...
  8. Microphone issues with fading out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues with fading out: Warning, I'm not very tech savvy or experienced, so I may come off as having absolutely no clue what I'm talking about I've been trying in vain to record me playing trumpet for a while now. Every time I play, loud or soft, the microphone picks it up normally for about 2...
  9. where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?

where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?: I know that the fade in/fade out buttons are there some ware, because I set them a few days ago, but I forgot what I did! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-fade-infade-out-buttons-in-ms-photos/863cba0a-001c-44d0-b6ae-6c15428abcfd
  10. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...