Windows 10: HDD is running at 100%

Discus and support HDD is running at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabbyAnimations, May 25, 2023.

1. HDD is running at 100%

This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet looking for tutorials.I've triedHDD is running at 100% :Disk checkingDefragmentationDisabling SysMain Disk clean upI eventually stopped looking for a solution since i genuinely couldn't find a fix and it wasn't much of a hassle when I'm playing something. But recently after a windows update it got much slower compared to before.

:)

GabbyAnimations, May 25, 2023
  2. roneccles Win User

HDD drive constatly running at 100%

I have tried various suggestions when trying to stop the HDD from running at 100% and slowing the machine down. What I try works for a while, but soon afterwards starts again. Has Microsoft come up with a reason for this yet and found a cure?

roneccles, May 25, 2023
  3. HDD running at 100%

My HDD is running at the 100%, when I check the task manager and I am seeing the window services are running duplicates. EX. CONHOST was running at 4x. I attempting to uninstall recent programs to include a MACFEE antivirus in order to resolve the problem
    without any success. HELP.

ALDEMAR597, May 25, 2023
  4. HDD is running at 100%

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, May 25, 2023
Thema:

HDD is running at 100%

1. HDD is running at 100% - Similar Threads - HDD running 100%

2. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  3. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  4. HDD is running at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is running at 100%: This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet looking for tutorials.I've tried:Disk checkingDefragmentationDisabling SysMain Disk clean upI eventually stopped looking for a...
  5. HDD is running at 100%

HDD is running at 100%: This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet looking for tutorials.I've tried:Disk checkingDefragmentationDisabling SysMain Disk clean upI eventually stopped looking for a...
  6. HDD drive constatly running at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD drive constatly running at 100%: I have tried various suggestions when trying to stop the HDD from running at 100% and slowing the machine down. What I try works for a while, but soon afterwards starts again. Has Microsoft come up with a reason for this yet and found a cure?...
  7. HDD drive constatly running at 100%

HDD drive constatly running at 100%: I have tried various suggestions when trying to stop the HDD from running at 100% and slowing the machine down. What I try works for a while, but soon afterwards starts again. Has Microsoft come up with a reason for this yet and found a cure?...
  8. Disk Running at 100% Often, 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Running at 100% Often, 1TB HDD: Hello! I'm not entirely sure what information to give here, but my disk runs at about 100% pretty much all the time and I'm not sure what else to do. I've done a lot of small things, basically everything from this site: 10 Ways to Resolve a 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 2020...
  9. HDD Constantly Running at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD Constantly Running at 100%: Upon startup of my PC its not painfully slow but it isn't as fast as it should be, when I open Task Manager the HDD is running at 100%, and doesn't move from that for maybe half an hour or so, then after that it gets back to normal, so whilst running only the web browser to...
  10. HDD running at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD running at 100%: My HDD is running at the 100%, when I check the task manager and I am seeing the window services are running duplicates. EX. CONHOST was running at 4x. I attempting to uninstall recent programs to include a MACFEE antivirus in order to resolve the problem without any success....