Windows 10: HDD is too busy

Discus and support HDD is too busy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, everyone, Last year, I have upgraded my Windows7 64Bit OS to Windows 10 64Bit by the online upgrading method. Everything was ok, but after 4-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ApurbaBaruah, Mar 22, 2019.

1. HDD is too busy

Hi, everyone,

Last year, I have upgraded my Windows7 64Bit OS to Windows 10 64Bit by the online upgrading method.

Everything was ok, but after 4-5 months of upgrading, my PC has been taking lots of time to startup, means, it shows the desktop, but HDD shows 100% uses and I have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes to become idle the HDD uses. Also my PC taking comparatively more time to complete any tusk than previous for the last 4-5 months.

It may be mention here that I am regularly upgrading my OS & Antivirus software. I have already tried lots of PC tuning software, tips available on the internet, but not found any improvement.

Please help.

My PC

DELL Precision T1700

Intel i7 64Bit 3.6 GHz

16GB RAM

1TB HDD

External WiFi Dongle

Thankyou

Apurba Baruah

HDD is too busy 9d250d6c-2742-4c06-807c-509a75e00a6b?upload=true.png Apurba Baruah

:)

ApurbaBaruah, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 22, 2019
  4. HDD is too busy

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

HDD is too busy

1. HDD is too busy - Similar Threads - HDD too busy

2. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.: I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded from a Geforce 1050Ti to a 1660 SUPER. Basically, whenever the HDD usage reaches around 100/80%, the audio stutters really badly and video seems to freeze as well because of this, in simpler terms, think of it as the short...
  3. trojans ruined my hdd and antivirus scans ruined hdd life perfomance too..not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trojans ruined my hdd and antivirus scans ruined hdd life perfomance too..not responding: i cant even update windows 10 i only get defender updates : this pc what im in right now is ruined or all my files i did older partitions i dont know all entire disk drive all my 3-4 years works gone...
  4. HDD to SSD, Swapping Mobo too (OEM License)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD, Swapping Mobo too (OEM License): Hey guys! I’m in the process of upgrading/changing my parts. Switching from Intel to a Ryzen 7 3700x and B550 ROG -F Strix Gaming. I will also be switching boot priority to the 1 Tb SSD. I currently have a 1 Tb HDD that I want to transfer files over to the SSD. I also have an...
  5. HDD too slow on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD too slow on Windows: Hi Everyone, I recently installed a new SSD in place of my HDD, and in place of my DVD writer, I installed my HDD. Now my SSD is working fine. But my HDD is running extremely slow, sometimes it hangs my Windows Explorer. I thought it is something wrong with my HDD. But...
  6. Is anyone going to answer this question or are you all actually too busy drowning in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is anyone going to answer this question or are you all actually too busy drowning in...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-remove-microsoft-edge-from-start-menu/e5371945-250b-4c64-a647-433a36879428...
  7. WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD: Soooooo , having this problem where i just can't delete de windowsapp folder , and the problem is , i have already changed the ownership from the folder and everytime i get a error message like : error in applying security informations [folder name] ... failed to number...
  8. HDD always busy after moving system to SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD always busy after moving system to SSD: I recently cloned my system to an SSD to shorten boot time. If I disconnect the HDD the system boots quickly. With the HDD (which has the old system, programs & data) reconnected it is constantly in use, delaying full startup for several minutes. Task manager and resource...
  9. HDD gets fragments too quickly after defragmentation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD gets fragments too quickly after defragmentation: I defragmented all my drives yesterday before going to sleep and it said 0% fragments on all, I looked it up today and there is 3% on C: and 4% on D:. This started happening a lot recently, I defragment the drives and even after a few hours, with almost no use at all, they...
  10. How to block Win 10 upgrades on your business network and at home, too

in Windows 10 News
    How to block Win 10 upgrades on your business network and at home, too: Microsoft's aggressive upgrade campaign for Windows 10 rubs some people the wrong way. Here's how to say no to the new version in 30 seconds or less, without installing third-party software. Microsoft wants you to upgrade to Windows 10. They really, really, really want...