Windows 10: HDD issues

Discus and support HDD issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, So i've been having a few issues with a 4TB WD Black that I purchased, I pretty much assumed it was a faulty drive after trying to disable HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rawrser, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Rawrser Win User

HDD issues

Hey, So i've been having a few issues with a 4TB WD Black that I purchased, I pretty much assumed it was a faulty drive after trying to disable HDD going to sleep possibly breaking it but essentially whenever I Initialize the HDD It's a secondary drive not primary and format it as a GPT within a few hours my computer will freeze and when it restarts the drive will be uninitialized again so I have to reformat it and lose all the information on the drive. But I noticed if I format it as an MBR Which caps it at 2TB I've had it going without freezing my PC for 2 days now and hasn't needed to be reformatted, I'm struggling to find any information as to why this would happen and before I request a refund from pccasegear I just want to make sure it's not a weird conflict with my PC

:)

Rawrser, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 5, 2020
  4. HDD issues

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

HDD issues

1. HDD issues - Similar Threads - HDD issues

2. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  3. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  4. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....: About a month ago I was having problems with random games missing .DLL files. I can't think of anywhere I would have gotten a software which modifies DLL files because aside from Curseforge and Nexusmods modding files I haven't downloaded anything that could possibly contain...
  5. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....: About a month ago I was having problems with random games missing .DLL files. I can't think of anywhere I would have gotten a software which modifies DLL files because aside from Curseforge and Nexusmods modding files I haven't downloaded anything that could possibly contain...
  6. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

7. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  8. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  9. HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue: Hi , I recently upgraded my hard drive from a HDD to a SSD on starting up my pc I was faced with a no Boot bootable device found issue , I tried all the steps in the Dell website , the last step being to reinstall Windows, I placed my usb in a nd started reinstalling windows...
  10. HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue

HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue: Hi , I recently upgraded my hard drive from a HDD to a SSD on starting up my pc I was faced with a no Boot bootable device found issue , I tried all the steps in the Dell website , the last step being to reinstall Windows, I placed my usb in a nd started reinstalling windows...