Windows 10: HDD issues

Discus and support HDD issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm trying to download a game and there isn't enough room on my SSD to do it, so then I was trying to download it onto my 2TB HDD empty btw but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by parkerclose, Sep 28, 2020.

1. HDD issues

So I'm trying to download a game and there isn't enough room on my SSD to do it, so then I was trying to download it onto my 2TB HDD empty btw but I cant figure out how to download anything on i need help asap!!!

:)

parkerclose, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 28, 2020
  4. HDD issues

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

HDD issues

1. HDD issues - Similar Threads - HDD issues

2. OneDrive issue when replacing my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issue when replacing my HDD: I was getting. warnings about my HDD performance and decided to upgrade my 2TB to a 4TB HDD non-boot D: drive. This was an issue in itself as going from MBR to GPT, I could not clone the drive. I manually copied the relevant folders to the new drive all except for my...
  3. External HDD issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD issue: I have an external hard drive that is 2 TB in size connected via usb. I have tried to use it to make both Windows 10 installation Media or Windows 10 recovery media. In both cases the creation of the media fails. The hard drive as a result loses its formatting and partitions...
  4. explorer.exe keeps freezing/restarting - issue relates somehow with HDD connection to system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe keeps freezing/restarting - issue relates somehow with HDD connection to system: Hello, This issue is there already mentioned, bud i define my finginds. I my destkop see specifications below, the Windows 10 performance strongly decreased due to continuously restrarting of the file explorer i.e. process "explorer.exe" seen in task manager. I recorded...
  5. Fix Windows 10 HDD issue

Fix Windows 10 HDD issue: Hi all I have added a new HDD to my desktop. It was shown first but while formatting foe the 1st time accidentally due to power supply the PC shut down. Later I tried with Disk Management As Admin. too but no HDD is showing. I have also a DVD drive and is is also not shown....
  6. Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case

Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case: Hi everyone. Recently i bought a hdd case USB 3.0 for my computer, specifically a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series working with Windows 10. The trouble is I put the cable in the port and after, maybe 1 minute, is when my laptop recognize the HDD. That's not all, the speed of...
  7. Boot priority is automatically set to HDD instead of SSD causing boot issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority is automatically set to HDD instead of SSD causing boot issues: So i recently installed a fresh copy of windows 1909 on an SSD I recently purchased, and while installing my windows i disconnected my HDD and all was normal, I got into windows set it up and so on, then i reconnected my HDD and all my files showed up including the old copy...
  8. File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?: Bascially my girlfriend and I have win10 PC's and have never had any big issues with Windows ever. We recently moved house and I just setup the PC's again. I have not changed any settings on any of the PC's, but when ever we try to tranfer files between HDD's, SSD's or even...
  9. 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seminal_contribution [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hppw6p/100_disk_usage_hdd_isnt_the_issue_no_malware_even/
  10. HDD issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD issues: Hey, So i've been having a few issues with a 4TB WD Black that I purchased, I pretty much assumed it was a faulty drive after trying to disable HDD going to sleep possibly breaking it but essentially whenever I Initialize the HDD It's a secondary drive not primary and format...