Windows 10: HDD keeps waking up every 10 min

Discus and support HDD keeps waking up every 10 min in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have read a lot about this tough I dont know what process is causing it. So the OS is on a SSD and have a 1TB HDD which I hardly use. Thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nothirtynine, Mar 28, 2020.

1. HDD keeps waking up every 10 min

I have read a lot about this tough I dont know what process is causing it.

So the OS is on a SSD and have a 1TB HDD which I hardly use. Thus preferably its always off. However it keeps waking up auto every 20 min ish. I have run the Proces Monitor though I dont know what process is causing it.

Any help would be awsome

submitted by /u/nothirtynine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nothirtynine, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 28, 2020
  4. HDD keeps waking up every 10 min

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

HDD keeps waking up every 10 min

1. HDD keeps waking up every 10 min - Similar Threads - HDD keeps waking

2. PowerShell pops up and disappears every 10 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell pops up and disappears every 10 min: I am able to track it down through Event Viewer and events 600, 403 and 400 happen multiple times every 10 min.Here is an example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-pops-up-and-disappears-every-10-min/8433e17d-b6d2-4600-8f50-5fc12a625654
  3. PowerShell pops up and disappears every 10 min

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell pops up and disappears every 10 min: I am able to track it down through Event Viewer and events 600, 403 and 400 happen multiple times every 10 min.Here is an example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-pops-up-and-disappears-every-10-min/8433e17d-b6d2-4600-8f50-5fc12a625654
  4. PowerShell pops up and disappears every 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 waking up HDD every 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 waking up HDD every 10 minutes: Is there a way to prevent Explorer.exe from spinning up hard drives every 10 minutes? Every 10 minutes it requests the available free space.. [ATTACH] Windows 10 v1909 172538
  6. Windows 10 waking up HDD every 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 waking up HDD every 10 minutes: Is there a way to prevent Explorer.exe from spinning up hard drives every 10 minutes? Every 10 minutes it requests the available free space.. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows keeps waking up my sleeping HDD / spinning back up spun down HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps waking up my sleeping HDD / spinning back up spun down HDD.: Windows really likes to keep the drives active for unknown reason. I have tried the followings: Changed "Power Options" in Control Panel; Modified registry to add AHCI Link Power Management in "Power Options" and changed the settings accordingly; Disabled "Storage Service"...
  8. Bitlocker waking up non-encrypted HDD drives every hour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker waking up non-encrypted HDD drives every hour: So I'm running Bitlocker encrypted and non-encrypted HDD disks and have set up disk to sleep after 5 minutes. However, every hour Bitlocker wakes up the disks that are _not_encrypted, apparently to check if they can be encrypted, or something similar. Disks that have all...
  9. Windows 10 keeps restarting every 5 min.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps restarting every 5 min.: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  10. Windows 10 shutdown procedure wake up every idle hdd???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown procedure wake up every idle hdd???: Hi there, My comp is equipped with one sdd system disk and 5 hdd's as storage.. cause I want to keep it fast and quiet every hdd is set to idle after 5 mins until need for data and then it spins up.. it is ok because i rare use some hdd's.. Problem is when i want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 wake up hdd