Windows 10: HDD "locked" after update and "windows not activated" message

Discus and support HDD "locked" after update and "windows not activated" message in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a 5 year old PC that recently updatedagainst my willto this new thing1903 or 1909, I don't know which. I got the notification that windows had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Apehanger, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Apehanger Win User

HDD "locked" after update and "windows not activated" message

I have a 5 year old PC that recently updatedagainst my willto this new thing1903 or 1909, I don't know which. I got the notification that windows had to be activated, but no instructions on how to do it. After a couple days, windows would no longer start, all I could get to was the manufacturer's settings screenfor BIOS, etc.. I root around for information on how to get my PC back, find my original windows 10 CD and the activation key, boot the PC with the CD, get to the windows install screen, enter the the key, told to remove the CD and reboot, end up caught in a vicious circle, end up on a diagnostic screen by way of the fresh install USB that I made with the media creator tool, but it tells me that the disk I need to diagnose is locked, tells me to unlock it and try again, once again, no instructions how to unlock it. Someone please tell me if I can recover this thing, if I have to buy a new hard drive, a new copy of windows, a new computer or what. This happens way to often.

:)

Apehanger, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 19, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD "locked" after update and "windows not activated" message - Similar Threads - HDD locked update

2. Activate Windows message after new Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows message after new Windows 11 update: I am getting activate windows watermark and also this message in settings after the new windows 11 update:When I click on troubleshoot i get the following message:I am in fact connected to the internet. This pc was custom built from a local store here and this is the first...
  3. Activate Windows message after new Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows message after new Windows 11 update: I am getting activate windows watermark and also this message in settings after the new windows 11 update:When I click on troubleshoot i get the following message:I am in fact connected to the internet. This pc was custom built from a local store here and this is the first...
  4. activation after upgrading my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation after upgrading my HDD: Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How can I install Windows at the same time retain my license. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help me....
  5. activation after upgrading my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    activation after upgrading my HDD: Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How can I install Windows at the same time retain my license. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help me....
  6. activation after upgrading my HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Activate Windows message after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows message after hardware change: So back in December I finally upgraded from Win7 to Win10 using the free update Windows provides (downloaded an exe called MediaCreationTool20H2 from their website) and it upgraded my OS no problem. Yesterday I installed my new motherboard and afterwards its now asking me to...
  8. Unable to activate windows after hdd change

Unable to activate windows after hdd change: I have a HP laptop that was purchased with OEM version of windows 8 which was later upgraded to windows 10. Now because of an issue with bad hard drive, I had to change and reinstall windows 10 home. However, the system is not getting recognized by windows account. I could...
  9. Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...: Hello, I replaced my HDD with SSD and installed Windows 10. Using the SSD Windows10 is not activated I tried using the Troubleshoot options as well as deleting and adding devices on my Microsoft account. But still no success activating my Windows 10. I have a digital license...
  10. Windows Activation problem(After clone HDD)

Windows Activation problem(After clone HDD): Hi, Please can you advice how to resolve my windows activation issue. I got this issue after clone my HDD to new HDD. there says some hardware changed so can't active this windows. so can I know how to reset my pc old registered details?...