Windows 10: HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

Discus and support HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So basically this didn't start when I first got it. Sometimes it maxes out and sometimes it doesn't. I researched this a little bit and I ran a disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Flaw, May 4, 2021.

1. Flaw Win User

HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

So basically this didn't start when I first got it. Sometimes it maxes out and sometimes it doesn't. I researched this a little bit and I ran a disk check, and basically everything basic. Nothing seems to work. I am running on windows 10

:)

Flaw, May 4, 2021
  2. Flaw Win User

HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

I am sorry, here.
    HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS [​IMG]

Tell me if you need to see any more!

Flaw, May 5, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

If you simply copy a large file from desktop to desktop you can see the transfer rate probably at 100% capacity.

Like this:

Except I expect you may not even manage 10MB/s.

And if you were to read the threads on tenforums about this as I suggested, you would learn more.

dalchina, May 5, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

It would help us to help you if we knew what hardware you are running, a little more clearly.
    A Speccy screenshot would help. *Smile

Like this...

You can get the free version here: Speccy - Free Download

/edit

Take the screenshot, crop it, save it to the desktop, then...

Ghot, May 5, 2021
Thema:

HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS

1. HDD Maxing out at 1 MBPS - Similar Threads - HDD Maxing MBPS

2. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  3. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  4. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HDD maxed out when windows update is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD maxed out when windows update is running: Hi, my computer, a custom built PC with an i7 11700K, 32GB RAM, and a RTX 3060, has its hard drive max out whenever windows updates are being installed. Ie, the computer takes forever to do anything at all, even the Start menu can take 10 seconds to appear, and the HDD...
  6. HDD maxed out when windows update is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD maxed out when windows update is running: Hi, my computer, a custom built PC with an i7 11700K, 32GB RAM, and a RTX 3060, has its hard drive max out whenever windows updates are being installed. Ie, the computer takes forever to do anything at all, even the Start menu can take 10 seconds to appear, and the HDD...
  7. Browsers max 10 Mbps on a 500 Mbps network showing 200 Mbps on different laptop

Browsers max 10 Mbps on a 500 Mbps network showing 200 Mbps on different laptop: My newer 16 GB RAM Dell laptop shows very slow speeds on all browsers except for Firefox 12 Mbps installed after seeing that the others were almost unresponsive. Download speeds are good and my other laptop shows wifi speeds of 100-200 Mbps on all browsers. 250 Mbps on the...
  8. CPU is maxed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU is maxed out: I've been experiencing my CPU being maxed out the past couple of weeks. During this time I have equally been trying to find a resolution. Everything I've done is a temporary fix and the issue comes right back.My processor is: IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz...
  9. Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS: Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have been while connected via ethernet to my router. My xfinity plan is for 200mbps download speed. My Iphone 7 gets 189mbps on...
  10. Copying Files to External HDD - Maxes Out for Unknown Reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying Files to External HDD - Maxes Out for Unknown Reason: Hello all, A customer of mine has recently purchased a new PC. I am in the process of copying her folders on her old PC to an external hard drive (500GB in size) so that they can be transferred to her new one. The old PC is running Windows 10 and is currently using...