Windows 10: HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

Discus and support HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today i installed a new hdd to my pc, i went to disk management and it was unallocated so I formatted it, when it was formatting disk management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AleeeCastro, Jun 6, 2021.

1. HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

Today i installed a new hdd to my pc, i went to disk management and it was unallocated so I formatted it, when it was formatting disk management stopped responding and it closed, when i went to disk management again it didnt even show up, I looked in bios and it is not detected either. What can i do to fix this??

:)

AleeeCastro, Jun 6, 2021
  2. hanhle2 Win User

HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

hanhle2, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 6, 2021
  4. JiroAki1 Win User

HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

Windows 10 not detecting HDD but Bios is.

I had 2 HDDs (1st one is - 1TB and 2nd one is - 500 ) installed in my CPUs and wanted to install another one when I plugged the third HDD on my PC, the system didn't detect the new one but also didn't detect my 2nd HDD (500GB), and now I'm left off with
    my 1st 1TB HDD. I removed the 3rd HDD which I was trying to install... I thought it was some hardware issue, but when I booted into the Bios system, I saw Both of my HDDs, the 1TB and 500GB one, So there is some Windows Software issue it seems, they Disk is
    not being detected even in Disk Manager. Please provide a solution!

JiroAki1, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

1. HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT - Similar Threads - HDD DETECTED BIOS

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  4. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios: Hello, I removed my intel optane memory to install a traditional m2, after doing that I needed to unable m2 genie from bios and change from Raid to AHCI mode, I did after some problems in launching the system I managed to do it but now, My WD hdd 1TB is yes detected by the...
  6. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  7. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  8. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  9. HDD 50 percent used even after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD 50 percent used even after format: (WIN 10 PRO with GPT HDD) I recently added SSD to laptop and replaced optical drive with HDD(old one with the help of caddy). Installed new win 10 pro to SSD and formated the HDD with the help of Mini Partition tool. Even after format it show 50 percent used. Not able...
  10. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows: The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected. I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive C:) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk. I tried every command...