Windows 10: HDD not detected in bios or disk management

Discus and support HDD not detected in bios or disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevin Piller, Dec 26, 2020.

1. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

Hi,

I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me with some installation instructions or guide me on the right path that would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

:)

Kevin Piller, Dec 26, 2020
  2. JiroAki1 Win User

Windows 10 not detecting HDD but Bios is.

I had 2 HDDs (1st one is - 1TB and 2nd one is - 500 ) installed in my CPUs and wanted to install another one when I plugged the third HDD on my PC, the system didn't detect the new one but also didn't detect my 2nd HDD (500GB), and now I'm left off with
    my 1st 1TB HDD. I removed the 3rd HDD which I was trying to install... I thought it was some hardware issue, but when I booted into the Bios system, I saw Both of my HDDs, the 1TB and 500GB one, So there is some Windows Software issue it seems, they Disk is
    not being detected even in Disk Manager. Please provide a solution!

JiroAki1, Dec 26, 2020
  3. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

Hello,

2 weeks ago I received a new ASUS laptop (ASUS 15 X509FL) with no OS my decision).

After installing the OS (Windows 10) via DOK I'v noticed that my HDD (st1000lm035-1rk172) is detected in the BIOS and the Device Manager but not detected in the Disk management so I cannot use it at all. So for now I can only use my SSD.

What I tried to do so far:

Uninstall the HDD from the device manager.

Update the storge devices and storage controllers drivers.

Install the OS again and from a different USB port.

Update the BIOS into version 302.

Ran windows memory diagnostic.

And nothing helped it.

I did noticed that in the BIOS the HDD is 'Non RAID Physical Disk'

Is there anything I can do before sending the PC to a shop for the physical connection check?

Thanks.

Tsvi Weiss, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HDD not detected in bios or disk management

After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

HDD not detected in bios or disk management

1. HDD not detected in bios or disk management - Similar Threads - HDD detected bios

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  4. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  6. Disk Management unable to detect HDD

Disk Management unable to detect HDD: So I recently purchased a brand new 1TB HDD from Seagate and when I load it into my laptop, it will not recognise it or will tell me it does not exist. I have tried this on another laptop and it seems to be working fine, I have even connected an old HDD to my laptop and that...
  7. BIOS and Device Manager Detecting 2nd HDD, but not in Files

BIOS and Device Manager Detecting 2nd HDD, but not in Files: Hi everyone, So long story short, copped a corrupted filed and needed to reset my computer. After spending 3 days on the phone to Windows support, we finally got it to work, having wiped both the hard drives. Everything seems like it is working, but when I went to...
  8. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  9. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  10. BIOS Detecting HDD, not appearing in Boot Manager

BIOS Detecting HDD, not appearing in Boot Manager: I was working on my laptop (Lenovo G505s, AMD A10, 10gb Ram, 1Tb HDD, Win 10 edu), suddenly I got a Blue screen error and Windows started collecting data regarding teh error. It went till 100% and got stuck there, after some time the screen started getting distorted, black...