Windows 10: HDD not reading

Discus and support HDD not reading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a custom built system and I have an SSD and 2 HDD, one is a WD 1TB and the other is a Seagate 3TB. The 3TB drive however does not show in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuperSeth35, Nov 24, 2018.

1. HDD not reading

Hello, I have a custom built system and I have an SSD and 2 HDD, one is a WD 1TB and the other is a Seagate 3TB. The 3TB drive however does not show in disk management however the disk is shown in device manager and in the properties it reads connected and working properly the drive is not in my disk management and does not show in file explorer as well. The 3TB drive used to be usable, however I had no files on it and it was not previously in use but now it does not show in anywhere except in device manager I have tested using different sata ports as well as cables but it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem I'm unaware if this is an issue with software or if the drive is just unusable

:)

SuperSeth35, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 24, 2018
  4. HDD not reading

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

HDD not reading

1. HDD not reading - Similar Threads - HDD reading

2. How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?: I have a number of HDDs that I wish to copy files from and place them on other drives. I cannot do this as the files and directories claim that they are read only and any attempt to add permissions for 'EVERYONE' or any other designation, seems to go well until the saved...
  3. How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?: I have a number of HDDs that I wish to copy files from and place them on other drives. I cannot do this as the files and directories claim that they are read only and any attempt to add permissions for 'EVERYONE' or any other designation, seems to go well until the saved...
  4. How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change sudden overall and unexplained read-only status on all my HDD's except C:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sudden overall and unexplained read-only status on all my HDD's except C:...: Recently, when I wanted to edit pictures ond other than the C drive. I found out that the maps and files on all three secondary HDD's 2 fixed as well as 1 external of my PC W11 were read-only with no way to save the pictures after editing. Only the C: drive with Windows on it...
  6. Unable to change sudden overall and unexplained read-only status on all my HDD's except C:...

Unable to change sudden overall and unexplained read-only status on all my HDD's except C:...: Recently, when I wanted to edit pictures ond other than the C drive. I found out that the maps and files on all three secondary HDD's 2 fixed as well as 1 external of my PC W11 were read-only with no way to save the pictures after editing. Only the C: drive with Windows on it...
  7. Why can one solve the "Read only" problem on a whole HDD by installing Malwarebytes?

Why can one solve the "Read only" problem on a whole HDD by installing Malwarebytes?: Two of the 3 drives of my Windows 11 PC not the C: or system drive but even a external HDD, had become "read-only", with Windows telling me I didn't have the relevant rights. But I had all the rights as administrator and still have. It was exhausting to try to solve this and...
  8. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  9. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  10. I have my oneDrive folder on an external HDD drive, but I read that this is NOT supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my oneDrive folder on an external HDD drive, but I read that this is NOT supported...: I have my oneDrive folder on an external HDD drive, but I read that this is NOT supported As far as I can tell my setup is working perfectly. Why Is it not recommended?...