Windows 10: Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

Discus and support Hdd not recognised in Bios...but... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This one has me scratching my head. Turned on the computer and the bios tells me Bootmgr is missing. Ah! panic, looked in bios and one of my drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by damocles, Feb 19, 2016.

1. damocles Win User

Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

This one has me scratching my head.

Turned on the computer and the bios tells me Bootmgr is missing. Ah! panic, looked in bios and one of my drives is not recognised which happens to be the O/S drive. I opened up the computer and re-seated the Sata connections and went back in to the bios - the drive is still not recognised, however, it's there in the boot order section as an IDE not Sata drive...A bit weird.

I select that drive as the first to boot and the O/S loads with out a glitch. My question is how can the O/S run if it's not recognised by the bios?

:)

damocles, Feb 19, 2016

2. HDD shows in BIOS but not on system

Hello Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to check in device management.

Follow the steps to check in disk management.

• Press "Windows" + "R".
    • Type "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter key.

Please get back to us with the information.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 19, 2016
  3. davek86 Win User
    HDD shows in BIOS but not on system

Thanks, it shows up under disc drives along with the ssd.
    I tried to update driver which it said was already up to date.
    When I double clicked on hdd it said drive was functioning normally.

Then I opened settings, system, and storage, and only the ssd shows as available as a target drive

davek86, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

1. Hdd not recognised in Bios...but... - Similar Threads - Hdd recognised Bios

2. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  3. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  6. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  7. BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS: Hello there,I have an Asus X407UAR, Seagate 1 TB HDD. About last Wednesday, I performed a Clean Install of Windows 10. Before that, I had booted into Ubuntu to partition my drive, since the Setup interface was uncomfortable for me. What I had noticed was, running Windows I...
  8. SSD only recognised as HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD only recognised as HDD.: Hello, I have two SSDs in my computer a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo used as the boot device and 1TB Crucial MX500 used as secondary storage. After a computer refresh and restart I ran the defrag program to optimise the drives and noted it recognised them as standard HDDs and was...
  9. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  10. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...