Windows 10: HDD not recognised in file explorer only

Discus and support HDD not recognised in file explorer only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday I turned on my pc to find that I can no longer boot off my main drive. Through installing windows on another drive and entering disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kungr, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Kungr Win User

HDD not recognised in file explorer only

Hi, yesterday I turned on my pc to find that I can no longer boot off my main drive. Through installing windows on another drive and entering disk management, the drive shows as two equal "unallocated" partitions, the only option to delete and format them. If I use the Ubuntu file explorer, I am able to view all files on the drive. No changes were made before this happened.
    Can anyone help me use the drive again without formatting it? Thanks.

:)

Kungr, Apr 25, 2017

2. USB Devices

N8 only recognises Hdd formatted in fat file system.Connect the harddisk to you pc and check the file system.

cooldudsubho, Apr 25, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could try the boot fix on a Macrium Reflect boot disk, also available on Kyhi's boot DVD/flash drive at the top of the Software and Apps section. This is said to be fairly comprehensive.

That said, it all depends on what has happened to your PC.

So I would start by using Kyhi's disk (which boots up as Win 10 with utilities- you can see the list where you download it- and running HDTune to do a check on your disk, assuming it's a compatible type with SMART parmeters.

Then I would also examine the partition layout, and check it's what you expect for either a UEFI or legacy BIOS layout, whichever you have.

If all is ok, then I would try the Macrium Fixboot routine.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2017
Thema:

1. HDD not recognised in file explorer only - Similar Threads - HDD recognised file

2. Strange files loading every time on explorer, only on HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange files loading every time on explorer, only on HDD: Hi all ;this happen only on HDD not SSD. The linked video explain better that words XD. Can u help me?Thx u ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-files-loading-every-time-on-explorer-only/e4fd5737-4c7c-4f0d-b278-cc8d4bd21318
  3. Strange files loading every time on explorer, only on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange files loading every time on explorer, only on HDD: Hi all ;this happen only on HDD not SSD. The linked video explain better that words XD. Can u help me?Thx u ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-files-loading-every-time-on-explorer-only/e4fd5737-4c7c-4f0d-b278-cc8d4bd21318
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  5. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  6. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  7. SSD only recognised as HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD only recognised as HDD.: Hello, I have two SSDs in my computer a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo used as the boot device and 1TB Crucial MX500 used as secondary storage. After a computer refresh and restart I ran the defrag program to optimise the drives and noted it recognised them as standard HDDs and was...
  8. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  9. External HDD not being recognised - from today only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not being recognised - from today only: I've read the threads about the AU causing problems with external HDDs, also that the latest patch Tuesday updates corrected this for some people. I have the opposite problem: AU installed without problems around 3 weeks ago. Latest updates installed on 23rd August, and...
  10. Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...: This one has me scratching my head. Turned on the computer and the bios tells me Bootmgr is missing. Ah! panic, looked in bios and one of my drives is not recognised which happens to be the O/S drive. I opened up the computer and re-seated the Sata connections and went...