Windows 10: HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

Discus and support HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, 2 weeks ago I received new ASUS laptop ASUS 15 X509FL with no OS. After installing the OS Windows 10 via DOK I'v noticed that my HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsvi Weiss, Jan 2, 2020.

1. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

Hello,

2 weeks ago I received new ASUS laptop ASUS 15 X509FL with no OS.

After installing the OS Windows 10 via DOK I'v noticed that my HDD st1000lm035-1rk172 is detected on BIOS and Device Manager but not detected in the Disk management so I cant use it at all. So for now I canonly use my SSD.

I uninstalled the HDD from the device manager.

I tried to update the storge devices and storage controllers drivers.

I have tried to install the OS again and from a different USB port.

I updated the BIOS into bersion 302.

I ran windows memory diagnostic.

And nothing helped it.

I did noticed that in the BIOS the HDD is 'Non RAID Physical Disk'

Is there anything I can do before sending the PC to a shop for the physical connection check?

Thanks.

:)

Tsvi Weiss, Jan 2, 2020

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 2, 2020
  4. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

1. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management - Similar Threads - HDD Recognized Disk

2. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  3. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  4. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  5. Hdd not in Disk Management

Hdd not in Disk Management: I am trying to add a second hdd to my new laptop (The first hdd is a m2 ssd). It is a hdd from an older laptop but the drive still worked yesterday in that old laptop. On the new laptop the hdd does show up in the bios but not in disk management in windows. I also booted the...
  6. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  7. Disk Management unable to detect HDD

Disk Management unable to detect HDD: So I recently purchased a brand new 1TB HDD from Seagate and when I load it into my laptop, it will not recognise it or will tell me it does not exist. I have tried this on another laptop and it seems to be working fine, I have even connected an old HDD to my laptop and that...
  8. A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management: Volume Z is not recognized in Explorer. It was recognized normally in the recent past, but not any more. Y and Z are volumes in a Western Digital 1TB drive. If you look at the included Snips you can see the issue. Thanks, Terry[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  10. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...