Windows 10: HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...

Discus and support HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. This is driving me absolutely crazy. My main rig, running Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2, Asus Prime Z590-A mobo, 10700K cpu. This is a recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mandrix, Mar 29, 2021.

1. mandrix Win User

HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...

Hello all.
    This is driving me absolutely crazy.
    My main rig, running Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2, Asus Prime Z590-A mobo, 10700K cpu. This is a recent upgrade. The HDD in question is an 8TB Seagate Barracuda, one of several largeish HDD's in my rig.
    My former mobo was giving me some problems and a few drives got corrupted, which I was eventually able to sort out and this 8TB drive was the last and most stubborn. Partition software could not see the drive even outside the Windows environment. Diskpart could but that was about it. At wits end I took the drive out and put it in my "old" Z97 HTPC, and Bam! There it is! I was able to copy everthing off the drive. I even did a full format on the drive, and for good measure created two partitions.
    All is good, right? Nope, I put the drive back in my main pc and it still does not show up, not in the BIOS and not in Windows.
    Only thing I can think to add is it's set as GPT, and in my HTPC and in Windows DisK Management it shows perfectly normal as a basic data disk. Maybe not as nuts as some things I've seen but certainly starting to wear thin...if anyone has a strategy to deal with this I would appreciate hearing it.

:)

mandrix, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 29, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted... - Similar Threads - HDD recognized older

2. My pc keeps getting error 0xc0000185 even after formatting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps getting error 0xc0000185 even after formatting pc: My pc keeps getting error 0xc0000185 even after formatting whole thing. Is there any solutions its windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-getting-error-0xc0000185-even-after/5d186703-0843-46cc-bc45-378b752acf8a
  3. PC boots slowly and one HDD is not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC boots slowly and one HDD is not recognized: My PC Windows 10 suddenly boots slower than usual 3-5 mins and when it did start up, one of my SATA HDDs no longer shows up.It shows up in Disk Management as an Unknown Device Not Initialized and when I try to initialize it an error pops up saying "A device which does not...
  4. PC boots slowly and one HDD is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots slowly and one HDD is not recognized: My PC Windows 10 suddenly boots slower than usual 3-5 mins and when it did start up, one of my SATA HDDs no longer shows up.It shows up in Disk Management as an Unknown Device Not Initialized and when I try to initialize it an error pops up saying "A device which does not...
  5. PC boots slowly and one HDD is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...: Hello all. This is driving me absolutely crazy. My main rig, running Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2, Asus Prime Z590-A mobo, 10700K cpu. This is a recent upgrade. The HDD in question is an 8TB Seagate Barracuda, one of several largeish HDD's in my rig. My former mobo was giving me...
  7. External HDD not recognized only on my Win10 pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not recognized only on my Win10 pc: Hello everyone, I recently assembled a computer for me with a Ryzen 5 3600, mboard Asus A520M-Plus, GTX-1060 with the latest version of Win10. Every usb peripheral that I’ve connected so far is working but one specific external HDD is not. It’s a WD Passport bought two years...
  8. My pc blocks ... even after formatting

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc blocks ... even after formatting: Hello, my problem it is impossible to use my pc even after a formatting and a clean installation of windows; as soon as I launch windows after the formatting and after the installation of all the drivers and I return on a navigator firefox or thor then my pc blocks directly...
  9. Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection: Panasonic Camcorder HDD does not connect to my computer. I have an older Panasonic Camcorder SDRH200. It has a built-in HDD and an SD card This is the first time I have tried using it on my Win7 computer that has been upgraded to Win10. When I plug it into my PC via USB...
  10. Can't even format my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't even format my pc: Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer (it was kingston). Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my licenced kaspersky found it and removed it. But just before the removal, it wanted to restart computer so i did. Everything was...