Windows 10: hdd not seen

Discus and support hdd not seen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do you have a UEFI BIOS in this PC? Check in BIOS setup for settings choices for Secure Boot, UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS and Boot Priority order. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tinmar49, Oct 11, 2014.

1. hdd not seen

Do you have a UEFI BIOS in this PC? Check in BIOS setup for settings choices for Secure Boot, UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS and Boot Priority order. If you see UEFI listings then report back all settings choices.

If not then reset your BIOS to defaults. Is there a choice of defaults to select?

You'll want AHCI for latest OSes.

gregrocker, Oct 15, 2014
  2. tinmar49 Win User

The pc that I wanted to put W10 on has a Gigabyte 970A-DS3 which is an AM3+ with the older bios. I had no luck with or without ACHI enabled.

tinmar49, Oct 16, 2014
  3. gregrocker, Oct 16, 2014
  4. tinmar49 Win User

hdd not seen

Ive just updated the bios on the Gigabyte pc to 1.6. It looks promising as the hdd is seen, however, I only had a backup hdd left to try with W10 so I stopped before wiping the drive. I have ordered a 120 Kingston V300 SSD from Novatech ( quite cheap in the UK at £49.95 ) to use with W 10.

tinmar49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

hdd not seen

1. hdd not seen - Similar Threads - hdd

2. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  3. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  4. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  5. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  6. C Drive switched to HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  7. C Drive switched to HDD

C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  8. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  9. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  10. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....