Windows 10: HDD not showing space

Discus and support HDD not showing space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiniMini2, Nov 29, 2021.

1. MiniMini2 Win User

HDD not showing space

So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new space was displayed, does anyone knows how to fix this or if I did anything wrong?

:)

MiniMini2, Nov 29, 2021

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD not showing space

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

HDD not showing space

1. HDD not showing space - Similar Threads - HDD showing space

2. HDD getting out of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD getting out of space: Hi all,I have a 1TB HDD in my Dell desktop and it is getting full. If I replaced it with a 6TB HDD do I have to download all One Drive files again, or I can copy them from the old drive, so I can save download time?Thank you everyone....
  3. HDD getting out of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD getting out of space: Hi all,I have a 1TB HDD in my Dell desktop and it is getting full. If I replaced it with a 6TB HDD do I have to download all One Drive files again, or I can copy them from the old drive, so I can save download time?Thank you everyone....
  4. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  5. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  6. Running out of space on HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running out of space on HDD: I'm not even sure I'm in the right sub, but help me if you can. I neglected my PC organization through college and now I'm running out of space. I've been erasing tons of old files and etc but I noticed that my space somehow gets smaller little by little from time to time. I...
  7. Storage spaces and Samsung HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces and Samsung HDD: I have just upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. With win 7 I had a RAID 10 setup with 3 Samsung HD drives and a single WD HDD. All drives are 1TB. I have installed a Samsung NVMA on the M/B and have installed the new OS on that, so I want to use the 4 HD drives as a storage...
  8. hdd not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hdd not showing: I have a 500 gb ssd as boot drive and 1tb mechanical hdd as backup drive. the 1tb does not show in file explorer or disk manager. help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-not-showing/becd1520-d715-4a70-92a9-32402d94ed3b"
  9. HDD space issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD space issue: Just installed a 1TB drive I had and after formatting it (Non quick method) it shows 929GB free of 931GB. Within Storage it says 1.60GB used out of 931GB but opening the drive using explorer it's empty. This is with the options set to show folders/files enabled for the drive....
  10. Reclaim space on hdd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reclaim space on hdd: I need to reclaim some space on the hard drive that my Windows 10 is installed on this pc. There is a Windows.old.000 folder (13.2 GB) and a Windows.old folder (9.09 GB). Can I still use Disk Cleanup with Windows 10 to do this, and is it ok to do it? 12190