Windows 10: hdd not showing

Discus and support hdd not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 500 gb ssd as boot drive and 1tb mechanical hdd as backup drive. the 1tb does not show in file explorer or disk manager. help!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randybutler, Nov 5, 2018.

1. hdd not showing

I have a 500 gb ssd as boot drive and 1tb mechanical hdd as backup drive. the 1tb does not show in file explorer or disk manager. help!!

:)

randybutler, Nov 5, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

hdd not showing

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

hdd not showing

1. hdd not showing - Similar Threads - hdd showing

2. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  3. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  4. HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.: The PC has 1 Nvme and 1 HDD. I installed 2nd SSD and installed Windows 10 Home single Language on it. and updated windows. However, the other drives are not showing on the PC.But TASK MANAGER showing 2 SSD and 1 HDDDISK MANAGEMENT showing 2 SSD and 1 HDD online BUT DISKPART...
  5. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  6. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  7. 4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...: Hello. I just purchased a 4tb Seagate internal hdd, And I searched up multiple YouTube videos on how to unstall it and nothing worked I plugged in the cable from the power supply and the sata cable to the mother board. The hdd is getting power but it’s not showing up in...
  8. 4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...

4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...: Hello. I just purchased a 4tb Seagate internal hdd, And I searched up multiple YouTube videos on how to unstall it and nothing worked I plugged in the cable from the power supply and the sata cable to the mother board. The hdd is getting power but it’s not showing up in...
  9. External hdd case shows diffrent drive and says that it has fatal hardware problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hdd case shows diffrent drive and says that it has fatal hardware problem: So i used this external case with my ssd for about 4 months and now im switcching to a computer i need to copy things from my internal ssd to my hdd so i can put it in my computer .i disconnect my external case put my hdd in it and it doesnt show up i go to disk managment and...
  10. External hdd case shows diffrent drive and says that it has fatal hardware problem

External hdd case shows diffrent drive and says that it has fatal hardware problem: So i used this external case with my ssd for about 4 months and now im switcching to a computer i need to copy things from my internal ssd to my hdd so i can put it in my computer .i disconnect my external case put my hdd in it and it doesnt show up i go to disk managment and...