Windows 10: HDD partition mess

Discus and support HDD partition mess in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my son has tried to clone his hdd hdd after installing an additional hdd. Now its ill a mess and needs help to clean it up. [IMG] The pc also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zippy D69, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Zippy D69 Win User

HDD partition mess

Hi, my son has tried to clone his hdd hdd after installing an additional hdd. Now its ill a mess and needs help to clean it up.

HDD partition mess [​IMG]

The pc also asks which volume of windows to use on start up.

Please be delicate with me as im a complete novice.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

:)

Zippy D69, Apr 11, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD partition mess

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

HDD partition mess

1. HDD partition mess - Similar Threads - HDD partition mess

2. Partition scheme is in a mess

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition scheme is in a mess: When I started out my partition scheme looked like this in Easeus Partition Master. I was unable to get into recovery. I ran cmd reagentc /info. It said it was disabled. I attempted to enable it but it said there was no recovery. (However, there are 2 partitions of approx....
  3. Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator

Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator: I am using a 2TB seagate Internal HDD DriveI used (HDD regenerator 2011) in boot media mode, and when i started the 'scan and repair' function , It worked fine for 6-7 hours, and repaired 13,301 bad sectors then out of sudden it stopped at "Device not ready", now my HDD was...
  4. HDD & Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD & Partition: Hello, I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ? Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-partition/10ea9c37-41dd-47cd-ac5e-2541c2ebb4ed
  5. Partition mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition mess: I have an Acer A715-71G laptop that came with a 1TB HDD and a linux installation. I have this laptop for two years. On the same day I installed a Samsung 256GB 960 EVO Nvme drive and installed win 10. I might have messed though with the partitions. On subsequent upgrades of...
  6. Partition Mess

Partition Mess: Hello all, So the other night I decided to do a clone of my laptop's hd as a back up using Macrium Reflect. However, it indicated that it couldn't do an MBR clone because it's limited to 3 partitions and my Source drive had 9! Stunned I rebooted out of Kyhi's recovery usb...
  7. Confusing partitions on HDD

Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  8. Confusing partitions on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  9. HDD Partition issues

HDD Partition issues: Hi all, I just got this laptop and I don't know what to make of the partition structure. It seems like a lot of wasted space. Here is a picture using Macrium: [img] What do you all think? Thanks, Jim 41343
  10. Messed up recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up recovery partition: Hello, I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info in cmd and it turns out the windows recovery environment was disabled. I tried using the code Code: REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path...