Windows 10: HDD & Partition

Discus and support HDD & Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ? Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nay LwinOo1, May 23, 2020.

1. HDD & Partition

Hello,

I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ?

Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this.

:)

Nay LwinOo1, May 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 23, 2020
  3. Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, May 23, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD & Partition

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2020
Thema:

HDD & Partition

1. HDD & Partition - Similar Threads - HDD Partition

2. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  3. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  4. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  5. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  6. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  8. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  9. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

10. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...