Windows 10: Hdd problem

Discus and support Hdd problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Recenlty ive found problem with external hdd at first it started showing errors that disk is disconnected even though it wasnt. But now its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AKA.me, Jan 27, 2021.

1. AKA.me Win User

Hdd problem

Hi
    Recenlty ive found problem with external hdd at first it started showing errors that disk is disconnected even though it wasnt. But now its not visible for system but its being shown in device manager. It doesn't seem like there is any problem with hardware hdd, usb ports and so on, but system is not showing any error, moreover in properties is showing that device is working properly.

Any assistance will be welcome, thanksHdd problem [​IMG]

:)

AKA.me, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Hdd problem

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Hdd problem

1. Hdd problem - Similar Threads - Hdd problem

2. External HDD Transfer Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  3. HDD label problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD label problem: Hello, [ATTACH] Nem vagyok biztos benne, hogy jó topic-ot választottam detalán tudja valaki a megoldást. A képen látható, hogy a D meghajtó előtt nem a Helyi lemez, hanem a Hiren's Boot CD lemez neve van és ehez egy másik ikon van társítva. A windovz telepítője nem indult...
  4. External HDD Transfer Problem

External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  5. HDD Access problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Access problems: Hello, I had recently recovered an old hard drive from one of my previous computers. I plug it in and everything is working but as I was trying to gain access to the drive, I had done the ICACL command and it had supposedly done something. After that it kept saying that my...
  6. Old hdd problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old hdd problem: Hi I have this old "WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar 2850" and I plugged in with an Usb adapter and I got this sound that something got plugged in but I can't see it. submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky09dy/old_hdd_problem/
  7. Problem sharing newly added HDD

Problem sharing newly added HDD: Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to Windows 10 but always find an answer by my self with my own research but now...I really need help... I have 3 entire HDD shared with my other computers on my local network and always had access on other computers but now...I replaced a 4TB...
  8. WINDOWS 10 20H2 PROBLEM ON MY 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 20H2 PROBLEM ON MY 1TB HDD: I would like to know why Windows 10 20H2 had an error after the reformat. Here our System Unit PC specs: AMD A8-7650k Radeon R7, 10 compute cores 4C + 6G 3.30GHz RAM: 8GB DDR3 1866MHZ HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200RPM Here's our picture after reformat of windows 10 20H2...
  9. Problem sharing newly added HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem sharing newly added HDD: Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to Windows 10 but always find an answer by my self with my own research but now...I really need help... I have 3 entire HDD shared with my other computers on my local network and always had access on other computers but now...I replaced a 4TB...
  10. Replacing a 2TB HDD with a 4TB Drive - Would that create Win 10 Activation Problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing a 2TB HDD with a 4TB Drive - Would that create Win 10 Activation Problems?: CrystalDiskInfo is warning me that I should be thinking about replacing the 2Tb HDD in my Dell XPS 8900 with a new HDD. I am thinking about replacing it with a 4Tb drive. But I am concerned that Win 10 might interpret this as a configuration change of my PC which could...