Windows 10: HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

Discus and support HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On short: Disk had 3 partitions, deleted all 3, 2 of them refuse to stitch together, tried both new volume and extend volume, but extend volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by viorelzeciu, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

On short: Disk had 3 partitions, deleted all 3, 2 of them refuse to stitch together, tried both new volume and extend volume, but extend volume converts to dynamic volume then spits out insufficient disk space. Full story: Hi, I have recently encountered a problem with my 4 years old HDD when I have tried to install AMD StoreMI, it encountered an error saying that my disks are partitioned and it cannot work with that, I've tried to fix that and I have noticed that one of my HDDs have had an "OEM" part and an "EFI" part, I have deleted both but now the 600MB part refuses to mix with the 930gb partition, I have tried multiple programs and tried some *extremely* basic CMD mumbo jambo. Even tried to delete the HOLE partition and try to make a new one, still no luck...

I can provide further info if the need be, I tried adding as many details about my problem and hardware I'm using to make your job easier.

OS: Windows 10 PRO 1903 build 18362.239 (I know, I shouldn't be using it, but I got a lot of software that I'm scared it won't work on the godly Linux *name of distribution*)

Specs:

-CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600

-Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX

-PSU: Riotoro Onyx 750W

-GPU: Asus Strix OC Direct CU II GTX 970

-SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB m.2 PCIe x4

-Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3000MHZ CL16

-HDD 1 (the problematic one): HDD WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM

-HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

:)

viorelzeciu, Sep 14, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 14, 2019
  3. brian1179 Win User
    partitioning 2 TB Hdd

the last question i posted should be ignored, i mean to partition a 2 TB Hdd into 1 TB each but Windows 10 will not let me, why not

brian1179, Sep 14, 2019
  4. HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

1. HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together. - Similar Threads - HDD refusing fuse

2. HDD refuses to accept windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD refuses to accept windows: Hi,So I have a serious issue. I have 2 discs in my laptop. 1 is a ssd and the other a hdd. I've used the hdd for like 3 years now and wanted to switch to an ssd. I did. But there was sth suspicious about it. It always on startup started, shut down, and started up properly. I...
  3. HDD refuses to accept windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD refuses to accept windows: Hi,So I have a serious issue. I have 2 discs in my laptop. 1 is a ssd and the other a hdd. I've used the hdd for like 3 years now and wanted to switch to an ssd. I did. But there was sth suspicious about it. It always on startup started, shut down, and started up properly. I...
  4. HDD refuses to accept windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merging 2 users together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 users together?: It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i...
  6. HDD & Partition

HDD & Partition: Hello, I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ? Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-partition/10ea9c37-41dd-47cd-ac5e-2541c2ebb4ed
  7. MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive: Hi there, I somehow managed to partition and format the attached (Disk 7) and both partitions and the HDD overall has been working for a few years now. I need to recreate it on Disk 6 and I can't remember how I did it. Anybody know how I did this?!?! TIA 154085
  8. MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive: Hi there, I somehow managed to partition and format the attached (Disk 7) and both partitions and the HDD overall has been working for a few years now. I need to recreate it on Disk 6 and I can't remember how I did it. Anybody know how I did this?!?! TIA 154085
  9. A HDD shows 2 logical partitions attached to the same physical partition

A HDD shows 2 logical partitions attached to the same physical partition: I was given a HDD to fix a problem but i cant find the solution. In the volumes it shows 2 logical partitions named RECOVERY (D:) and that is actually one of the partitions of the disk i was given BUT both volumes have the same name and are attached to the same partition...
  10. Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD: I have C: for OS, D: for my documents. I use for game dev, mostly using Phoshop, Unity Which one of the follow options have better performance? 2 HDD (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 1 HDD 2 Partitions (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 62047

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk refusing for partition