Windows 10: HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

Discus and support HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,As my laptop is old and getting slow, i decided to install the HDD to it, but the problem is how do i transfer my windows license to it, as it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tush1r, Oct 2, 2021.

1. tush1r Win User

HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

Hi,As my laptop is old and getting slow, i decided to install the HDD to it, but the problem is how do i transfer my windows license to it, as it came in pre-installed in the laptop, and I do not have the product key.Any help would be appreciated.Regards,Tushar

:)

tush1r, Oct 2, 2021
  2. CuyaAldi Win User

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a
    clean installation on my SSD so that there is no junk files there, can i transfer my license from HDD to SSD? i don't have extra money to buy a new license

CuyaAldi, Oct 2, 2021
  3. Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Oct 2, 2021
  4. HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Oct 2, 2021
Thema:

HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

1. HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD - Similar Threads - HDD replaced SSD

2. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  3. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  4. HDD replacement with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD replacement with SSD: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language. I want to replace my current HDD with a SSD. I do not have any license/activation key for the operating system. How do I proceed?...
  5. Replacing HDD with an SSD

Replacing HDD with an SSD: I plan to replace my HDD with an SSD because I want my laptop to run faster and it failed a diagnostics test. I don't know why it failed but, I don't want to corrupt my new SSD. What happens if I don't clone the HDD to the SSD? Will I need to buy a windows 10 product key?...
  6. Replacing HDD with SSD

Replacing HDD with SSD: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, and attempted to replace the 1TB HDD with a new 500 GB SSD not a problem as I was fresh installing not cloning and will not even use 500 GB. I initialised the Crucial MX500 SSD in Windows 10, with the same partition type as HDD GPT and a new...
  7. Transfer SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer SSD to HDD: Is it possible to transfer all the data from my SSD to my HDD? I've been looking for a way to this, but haven't found a way to do so. submitted by /u/Sl0thZombi3s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpzv4w/transfer_ssd_to_hdd/
  8. Replacing HDD with a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing HDD with a SSD: Hi, I am planning to update my Dell inspiron 15 5570 with a SSD According to the laptop's spec sheet it supports M.2 NVMe SSD up to 512 GB Below is the one I think should be fine for the task: Amazon link What are the things I should take into consideration while...
  9. Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license

Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 on it. I would like to replace the HDD with an SSD with a clean install, rather than clone the HDD. Will I lose my Windows 10 license or will I be able to install Windows 10 and activate the copy? Thank you....
  10. Replacing my HDD with SSD?

Replacing my HDD with SSD?: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 with Windows 10. Last year I upgraded to i7-6700 and 16GB of RAM (Crucial.) Now I would like to add a SSD and 2 TB data HDD. I currently have a 1TB Hard Drive that my PC came with in June of 2016. So my question is, how do I upgrade the HDD and...