Windows 10: HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok.

Discus and support HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new "internal" HDD Seagate and started to turn on and off constantly in windows 10,even scanning is impossible.I tried in Ubuntu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kris07, Jul 31, 2020.

1. kris07 Win User

HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok.

I purchased a new "internal" HDD Seagate and started to turn on and off constantly in windows 10,even scanning is impossible.I tried in Ubuntu and working fine.Someone have this problem in windows 10?How to solve this problem?Thank you in advanced.

:)

kris07, Jul 31, 2020

2. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I realize that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Win keeps turnning HDD on/off

How about this setting:

HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. [​IMG]

swarfega, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. - Similar Threads - HDD Seagate4TB Keeps

2. is my hdd ok?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my hdd ok?: C:\Windows\system32>CHKDSK The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Windows 10. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 890624 file records processed. File verification completed....
  3. is my hdd ok?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my hdd ok?: C:\Windows\system32>CHKDSK The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Windows 10. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 890624 file records processed. File verification completed....
  4. is my hdd ok?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps turning on and off: Hello! I've had this computer for over 4 years now and it has been working just fine until one day I went to turn it on and it turned on but then went to a black screen I reset it and the same thing keeps happening the type of computer I have is an EVOO 18.5 all in one...
  6. Keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeps turning on and off: Hello! I've had this computer for over 4 years now and it has been working just fine until one day I went to turn it on and it turned on but then went to a black screen I reset it and the same thing keeps happening the type of computer I have is an EVOO 18.5 all in one...
  7. OK to turn off computer during update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  8. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...
  9. Win keeps turnning HDD on/off

Win keeps turnning HDD on/off: When i set this for my secondary HDD change advanced power settings Turn off hard disk after 4 mins Windows randomly keeps turning the disk back on and off again.Which cant be good for the disk. I want it to stay off until i need to use it.Is that possible? Or...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...