Windows 10: HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok.

Discus and support HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new "internal" HDD Seagate and started to turn on and off constantly in windows 10,even scanning is impossible.I tried in Ubuntu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kris07, Jul 31, 2020.

1. kris07 Win User

HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok.

I purchased a new "internal" HDD Seagate and started to turn on and off constantly in windows 10,even scanning is impossible.I tried in Ubuntu and working fine.Someone have this problem in windows 10?How to solve this problem?Thank you in advanced.

:)

kris07, Jul 31, 2020

2. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I realize that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Win keeps turnning HDD on/off

How about this setting:

HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. [​IMG]

swarfega, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD Seagate4TB Keeps turning on and off,but in Ubuntu looks ok. - Similar Threads - HDD Seagate4TB Keeps

2. Camera keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera keeps turning on/off: Camera keeps turning on/off within 2 seconds. Check below video. https://youtu.be/RGSssUGIS-w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-keeps-turning-onoff/bb41aacf-56dc-4842-80b8-39f01a17bd65
  3. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....
  4. Dictate keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictate keeps turning off: I am using word and love Dictate but it keeps turning off. I have to go back and restart it. sometimes it stays on for a whole paragraph and then sometimes I can be one or sentences in and it stops. using Windows 10 home - version 1903...
  5. Wifi keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps turning off: My wifi will randomly turn off. Especially if I switch wifi sources (from home internet to wifi) and then it will act like it can't find any internet. It keeps thinking my ethernet port is the issue. About 70% of the time, I have to restart for it to work. Sometimes more than...
  6. Bluetooth keeps turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keeps turning off.: How can I turn Bluetooth on? It will randomly shut off, then my bluetooth mouse just stops working. I have tried the following fixes. 1. Restart the computer - works most often but is a complete time-wasting pain. 2. Go to Device Manager. Checked the driver, and it's the...
  7. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...
  8. Win keeps turnning HDD on/off

Win keeps turnning HDD on/off: When i set this for my secondary HDD change advanced power settings Turn off hard disk after 4 mins Windows randomly keeps turning the disk back on and off again.Which cant be good for the disk. I want it to stay off until i need to use it.Is that possible? Or...
  9. Wifi Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Keeps Turning Off: Guys, all of a sudden for the past week, my wifi keeps turning off everytime I connect to a wireless network. I've tried numerous things to fix such as disabling the power off option for the adapter and doing a system restore to last month when I remember it working. I even...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...