Windows 10: hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

Discus and support hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a SSD with partitions C:and D: on it. I also have another hdd with partitions M: and O: on it. The drive M: now shows up as a folder m on drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnunderwood7, Sep 12, 2020.

1. hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

I have a SSD with partitions C:and D: on it. I also have another hdd with partitions M: and O: on it. The drive M: now shows up as a folder m on drive O: How do I get it back as a seperate partitiom m:

:)

johnunderwood7, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 12, 2020
  4. hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi!

I recently bought Lenovo Z50 which came with a regular HDD. I had a spare SSD drive from an older laptop so I cloned the OS that came with Z50 to it and then did a clean install with installation media. Everything went well and the system is running very
    smoothly on the SSD.

The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came with new laptop running if I boot from the SSD. Regular HDD is in a HDD caddy that I used to replace my DVD-drive. HDD in the caddy shows up in device management as an other device, not as a hard
    drive and it's not showing up in the disk management. Is there a way to clean this drive without OS? Would it help? I have everything backed up on an external hard drive so it's okay if I lose the data. That's what I want actually.

If I boot from the regular HDD in the caddy the original OS starts up just fine and even the SSD shows up in the disk management. If I swap the SSD to the caddy and put the HDD inside the laptop I can boot from the HDD but not from the SSD...

What should I do to get the OS running on the 128 MB SSD so that i could use the regular 1 TB HDD also to store everything i need?

AapoOinonen, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

1. hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on... - Similar Threads - hdd showing folder

2. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  3. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  4. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HDD Partition Not Showing Up

HDD Partition Not Showing Up: Yesterday, I changed my motherboard and CPU and upgrade to Windows 10. Fortunately, that all went over without a hitch. Today, I installed my 4 TB HDD, my second hard drive from my "old" PC, into the rig. On that old computer with Windows 7, the 4 TB HDD had been split...
  7. HDD Caddy not showing up

HDD Caddy not showing up: Hi I'm using HP laptop that i bought back in 2017. It came with 1TB HDD, and now it's starting to slowing down. I recently bought an SSD and a HDD Caddy, I've clone the Local Disk C from the old HDD to the brand new SSD and it's working fine now. The problem came up when...
  8. HDD not showing up

HDD not showing up: Hi! I recently installed a new hard drive in my computer and it only shows up in device manager. I look at disk manager and it does not show up. Please help!...
  9. USB HDD Not Showing Up?

USB HDD Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, I've got 4 external USB HDD's connected to my PC. 3 of them are working fine, however the 4th isn't showing up. It shows up when I right click the USB icon in the bottom right corner of my screen and its name is "My Book" but it doesn't have a drive letter like...
  10. External HDD not showing up

External HDD not showing up: Good day to all Having some issues with connecting my external HDD to my desktop .Upon connecting to the usb port nothing happens in the file explorer don't show up But looking in the device manager it shows up there and also shows an icon in the task bar next to the clock...