Windows 10: HDD shows 100%

Discus and support HDD shows 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Current laptop is extremely slow, on the laptop is currently windows 10 Home 64bit - when running task manager i can see that the HDD is running at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by originalgabe22, Dec 31, 2019.

1. HDD shows 100%

Current laptop is extremely slow, on the laptop is currently windows 10 Home 64bit - when running task manager i can see that the HDD is running at 100% screenshot below.

I've disabled several services Superfetch & Windows Search as well as running a disk scan and malwarebytes scan no issues found. Disabling the services seems to help lower the HDD to about 20%, but upon a reboot its back to 100% even thought the services above are still disabled...

Help - this is my parents laptop and am only here for the holidays so wont be able to trouble shoot much longer :

HDD shows 100% a86eaf04-1f8b-43ab-bc9a-6f91dc918243?upload=true.png

:)

originalgabe22, Dec 31, 2019

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 31, 2019
  4. HDD shows 100%

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

HDD shows 100%

1. HDD shows 100% - Similar Threads - HDD shows 100%

2. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  3. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  4. HDD is running at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is running at 100%: This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet looking for tutorials.I've tried:Disk checkingDefragmentationDisabling SysMain Disk clean upI eventually stopped looking for a...
  5. HDD is running at 100%

HDD is running at 100%: This has been a problem going on for more than about 2 years. I've never been really able to find a solution as I've scoured through the internet looking for tutorials.I've tried:Disk checkingDefragmentationDisabling SysMain Disk clean upI eventually stopped looking for a...
  6. HDD is running at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. HDD is always at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is always at 100%: hellomy laptop problem is the hdd is at always 100 %, it has 1tb hdd and i dont even use it at full capacity. Disk 0 C: ST1000LM049-2GH172 Capacity: 932 GB Formatted: 932 GB System disk: Yes Page file: Yes Type: HDD Read speed 49.5 KB/s Write speed 1.3 MB/s Active time 51%...
  8. HDD is always at 100%

HDD is always at 100%: hellomy laptop problem is the hdd is at always 100 %, it has 1tb hdd and i dont even use it at full capacity. Disk 0 C: ST1000LM049-2GH172 Capacity: 932 GB Formatted: 932 GB System disk: Yes Page file: Yes Type: HDD Read speed 49.5 KB/s Write speed 1.3 MB/s Active time 51%...
  9. Performance and HDD at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance and HDD at 100%: So lately my PCs performance has been absolute garbage. I noticed it rarely uses more than half (4gb) of the RAM but always has the HDD at 100% usage. I searched around and was told that 1tb of hdd was fine however I only have 1gb of memory in the HDD. Are those 2 different...
  10. HDD running at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD running at 100%: My HDD is running at the 100%, when I check the task manager and I am seeing the window services are running duplicates. EX. CONHOST was running at 4x. I attempting to uninstall recent programs to include a MACFEE antivirus in order to resolve the problem without any success....