Windows 10: HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset

Discus and support HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been researching and trying to diagnose this for two days now. I did a windows reset in hopes of just wiping my drives, my M.2 SSD has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MALBurr, Jun 5, 2021.

1. MALBurr Win User

HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset

I have been researching and trying to diagnose this for two days now. I did a windows reset in hopes of just wiping my drives, my M.2 SSD has the windows OS on it and works fine, the hard drive on the other hand is showing in my BIOS but no where in the windows OS. It does not show in computer management, or in disk management. I have searched everywhere to find a fix for this, including downloading software which the HD still wont show up in any recovery software. All of my drivers are updated I believe. I'm out of ideas and troubleshooting to my ability so any professional help would be g

:)

MALBurr, Jun 5, 2021

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 5, 2021
  3. little cat, Jun 5, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Formatting secondary hdd from Windows

It is that simple. If it is in some way needed by the OS it wont let you format from windows. So it is safe.

Thema:

1. HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset - Similar Threads - HDD Shows BIOS

2. HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios: HelloRecently I was doing some work on my laptop and when I opened my laptop the next day my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. There is no weird noise coming from the laptop nor has the...
  3. HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios: HelloRecently I was doing some work on my laptop and when I opened my laptop the next day my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. There is no weird noise coming from the laptop nor has the...
  4. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  5. Hdd show in bios but Not show in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdd show in bios but Not show in Windows 10: Posted also here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/How-insert-1-or-2-... connected HDD in the HDD bay first in hp Z620 Workstation PC and when reviewed BIOS showed the SSD C:/ and the 1TB HDD But when boot in windows it's Not...
  6. HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT: Today i installed a new hdd to my pc, i went to disk management and it was unallocated so I formatted it, when it was formatting disk management stopped responding and it closed, when i went to disk management again it didnt even show up, I looked in bios and it is not...
  7. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade: I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free" scheme. How I will Windows 10 on formatted Laptop with License?...
  8. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows: The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected. I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive C:) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk. I tried every command...
  9. HDD showing in BIOS not in Windows after upgrade

HDD showing in BIOS not in Windows after upgrade: Hello everyone: I will try my best to reflex my issue: i upgrade my pc adding 2 memory slots and a new graphic card. Everything is perfect, but i can't access one of my HDD that i linked with my download folder. My drives before my upgrade were as it follows: C: SSD Evo...
  10. Cannot read HDD with Windows after formatting with Mac OS

Cannot read HDD with Windows after formatting with Mac OS: Hi there, after I formatted my external Hard drive with the terminal in Mac OS, I cannot read the disk with windows. Here is the result from diskutil list: #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: GUID_partition_scheme *251.0 GB disk0 1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1 2:...