Windows 10: HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

Discus and support HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How did I go from 859 GB yesterday to 837 GB today (checked again a min ago 836 GB), downloading no games, or doing anything that would decrease hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FCbforlife, Jan 12, 2020.

1. HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

How did I go from 859 GB yesterday to 837 GB today (checked again a min ago 836 GB), downloading no games, or doing anything that would decrease hard drive space? Is it the temporary files that are causing this? Old versions of Windows? What is causing such a problem? Please help. Would really appreciate it. I just bought this PC, 5 days ago.

submitted by /u/FCbforlife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FCbforlife, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Jan 15, 2020
  3. storage space rapidly decreasing

Thank you very much for responding. I will definitely try your suggestion. I did however want to make a point of the fact that the storage space is Constantly decreasing in size. So even if I find a program taking up space-what could possibly cause it
    to KEEP taking up space? so its not an issue of- a program was installed and is very big taking up a chunk of space-the issue is something is consistently eating away my 1TB hard drive. again-new computer. Thanks for your help.

cjoncooper, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Ironsoap Win User

HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

HDD Activity LED Mod

I have this idea for an HDD activity LED mod.

Basically, depending on the amount of HDD activity, it would trigger an unknown amount of LEDs to light up, spelling a phrase.

So let's say the phrase is HDD. With a little activity, H would light up, but with a lot of activity, such as boot, HDD would be lit up.

I don't know how plausible this would be, however, because from what I've seen, the HDD LED is just triggered by current on the 39th wire in an IDE drive or something. The only way this would be possible is if the amount of current were to vary.

If this were to be the case, how would this be done? Would I have to program a microchip, or just design and order a PCB? What phrases would you guys suggest (my first Idea: "oh shit!; 7 LEDs").

Ironsoap, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

1. HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity - Similar Threads - HDD Space Keeps

2. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  3. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  4. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing Everyday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing Everyday: I've already posted this question before but suddenly, all my questions got disappeared from my profile. My Local Disk C space is decreasing EVERYDAY. I even do the "Disk Cleanup" process regularly. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB and today it's 74.3 GB. When I posted this...
  5. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing Everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing Everyday: I've already posted this question before but suddenly, all my questions got disappeared from my profile. My Local Disk C space is decreasing EVERYDAY. I even do the "Disk Cleanup" process regularly. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB and today it's 74.3 GB. When I posted this...
  6. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing Everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Driver space decreasing

Driver space decreasing: My storage space has been decreasing. I got my laptop in April 2019. My driver, Windows C:, had 116 gigabytes during that time, but now my driver can only hold 58.2 GB. It has been slowly decreasing since the end of 2019 and my performance is getting worse. I've reset my...
  8. Computer space suddenly decreased

Computer space suddenly decreased: So i switched from a HP to a ASUS L210 Ultra-Thin laptop, then i set up my pc, getting ready to use my new PC, but when i went to check my files i saw i had only 16.9 gigs left in space, i know i'm supposed to have 64 gigs or close to 64, but i cant believe it gaveme about 17...
  9. C drive free space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive free space keeps decreasing: C drive free space keeps decreasing first it was 465GB free of 500GB after installing some apps it became 461GB and now i have not installed any app still the free space has decreased down to 452GB. * Original title: Windows...
  10. My C drive space keeps decreasing

My C drive space keeps decreasing: [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB. I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c...