Windows 10: HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

Discus and support HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How did I go from 859 GB yesterday to 837 GB today (checked again a min ago 836 GB), downloading no games, or doing anything that would decrease hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FCbforlife, Jan 12, 2020.

1. HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

How did I go from 859 GB yesterday to 837 GB today (checked again a min ago 836 GB), downloading no games, or doing anything that would decrease hard drive space? Is it the temporary files that are causing this? Old versions of Windows? What is causing such a problem? Please help. Would really appreciate it. I just bought this PC, 5 days ago.

submitted by /u/FCbforlife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FCbforlife, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Jan 15, 2020
  3. storage space rapidly decreasing

Thank you very much for responding. I will definitely try your suggestion. I did however want to make a point of the fact that the storage space is Constantly decreasing in size. So even if I find a program taking up space-what could possibly cause it
    to KEEP taking up space? so its not an issue of- a program was installed and is very big taking up a chunk of space-the issue is something is consistently eating away my 1TB hard drive. again-new computer. Thanks for your help.

cjoncooper, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Ironsoap Win User

HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

HDD Activity LED Mod

I have this idea for an HDD activity LED mod.

Basically, depending on the amount of HDD activity, it would trigger an unknown amount of LEDs to light up, spelling a phrase.

So let's say the phrase is HDD. With a little activity, H would light up, but with a lot of activity, such as boot, HDD would be lit up.

I don't know how plausible this would be, however, because from what I've seen, the HDD LED is just triggered by current on the 39th wire in an IDE drive or something. The only way this would be possible is if the amount of current were to vary.

If this were to be the case, how would this be done? Would I have to program a microchip, or just design and order a PCB? What phrases would you guys suggest (my first Idea: "oh shit!; 7 LEDs").

Ironsoap, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity

1. HDD Space Keeps Decreasing Everyday With Little To No Activity - Similar Threads - HDD Space Keeps

2. Storage spaces and Samsung HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces and Samsung HDD: I have just upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. With win 7 I had a RAID 10 setup with 3 Samsung HD drives and a single WD HDD. All drives are 1TB. I have installed a Samsung NVMA on the M/B and have installed the new OS on that, so I want to use the 4 HD drives as a storage...
  3. How Is There Little Disk Space

How Is There Little Disk Space: Dear MSCS I am in a dilemma concerning the amount of PC Disk Space that has been used up on this laptop. This is the data I have compiled using the properties utility available. This is my old laptop which was a WinXP, by changing the hard-drive, it was upgraded to a...
  4. Activate Windows 10 everyday.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 everyday.: Hello, sorry to bother but I need help. My Windows 10 deactivated every time I turn off my laptop. When I turn it on to use it again I have to activate Windows 10 again. I have no problem activating my Windows, but is a problem that I have to do it every time I want to use...
  5. My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !

My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !: after the last update this is getting started for my pc the system disk space decreases automtaticly it only stops when it reach 0 free space , then I remove some stuff to free some space and restart my pc , the problem start again .-. I tried to check my space usage by...
  6. windows 10 pro keeps asking for reactivation everyday ..... ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro keeps asking for reactivation everyday ..... ?: why is windows asking e to reactivate every day even 2 or 3 times a day / please help i upgraded from 8 pro to 10 pro . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-keeps-asking-for-reactivation/4b499c94-9e2d-4f79-b4da-645ce167a86b
  7. My C drive space keeps decreasing

My C drive space keeps decreasing: [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB. I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c...
  8. HDD space issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD space issue: Just installed a 1TB drive I had and after formatting it (Non quick method) it shows 929GB free of 931GB. Within Storage it says 1.60GB used out of 931GB but opening the drive using explorer it's empty. This is with the options set to show folders/files enabled for the drive....
  9. HDD activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD activity: When I boot into Win Ten on my ancient laptop the HDD goes into 100% use for the first 10 to 15 minutes. Is this Windows file indexing? Does it ever stop? There is nothing on the HDD except the OS. Why does it have to R+W all the files all over again? isn't once enough?...
  10. Reclaim space on hdd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reclaim space on hdd: I need to reclaim some space on the hard drive that my Windows 10 is installed on this pc. There is a Windows.old.000 folder (13.2 GB) and a Windows.old folder (9.09 GB). Can I still use Disk Cleanup with Windows 10 to do this, and is it ok to do it? 12190