Windows 10: HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management

Discus and support HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm wondering if I'm able to create two system folders onto my secondary drive to save space on my ssd? When installing messenger, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Br4ndz, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Br4ndz Win User

HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management

Hello,

I'm wondering if I'm able to create two system folders onto my secondary drive to save space on my ssd?
    When installing messenger, I was asked to install the app into a system folder on my C drive but I want it saved on my secondary drive without breaking features and functions.

How can I do this?

:)

Br4ndz, Jan 26, 2019
  2. mjean1 Win User

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jan 26, 2019
  3. marxuuh Win User
    Moving files from SSD to HDD?

So I bought a computer which had 1tb HDD and 128 SSD. Windows is installed to the SSD and now there is only 10gb of available space, because all the apps were installed to the SSD. So my question is - is it possible to move installed applications (Program
    Files/x64 folder) to the HDD drive without losing any data?

marxuuh, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management - Similar Threads - HDD SSD Proper

2. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  3. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  4. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files and Windows data transfer from the HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and Windows data transfer from the HDD to new SSD: Hi!Im about to buy 1TB SSD and want to transfer everything to it from my HDD. My question is, is it possible? I dont want to lose data,or licence key of Windows.Best regards,Nándor...
  6. Files and Windows data transfer from the HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and Windows data transfer from the HDD to new SSD: Hi!Im about to buy 1TB SSD and want to transfer everything to it from my HDD. My question is, is it possible? I dont want to lose data,or licence key of Windows.Best regards,Nándor...
  7. Managing SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Managing SSD and HDD: Hello so I'm new to the SSD world but more so even new to having multiple drives as I usually have everything in just the 1 hdd. Only want the OS and chrome on the SSD since chrome won't let you choose. So how do I go about having my desktop, programs, images, files and...
  8. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD: I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and used Macrium to clone, but it showed me a window saying that I couldn't acces that folder, I changed the security and the...
  9. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  10. intergation data partition in HDD into ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intergation data partition in HDD into ssd: After migrating the system and OS +programs from HDD to SSD, I am left with the choice of either keeping the Data Files ( < 5Gb) that I had in the HDD as a separate partition in the SSD or integrate it into the c drive in one large partition . If I want to integrate it with...