Windows 10: HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

Discus and support HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jun 9, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

Hi there.

An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the computer for a while and then I want to browse files on a standard HDD there is a delay while the HDD powers on (or seems to) and then I get the file.

I know an HDD is nothing like as fast as an SSD but I can hear the HDD starting up -- is there any way to turn this delay OFF.

Somebody did suggest a solution (which worked) a while agao but I can't find it any more.

Edit : Solved -- set turn HDD off to 0 (i.e Never) -- you have to look at power options in Control panel (advanced) rather than settings.

Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 9, 2015
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 locks up at login screen

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delayed response. After disabling the password, turn off the fast startup and see if the issue will persist. Follow the steps provided by Kerwin Lee in this
    thread for guided steps on how to turn off fast startup.

Note: Enable your password again if the steps provided worked.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jun 9, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    How To Turn Off Trackpad Delay While Typing

Hi,

Happy New Year! Other than the touchpad issue, we hope you are enjoying Windows 10. There should be a dedicated setting for your device to adjust its delay option. Go to
    Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad or
    Touchpad > To help prevent cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before click works.

If this option is not available on your device, you may need to contact your device manufacturer for further touchpad adjustment.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

You were to fast answering your own question... Don't forget PCIe too.
    Attachment 21198

Cliff S, Jun 9, 2015
Thema:

1. HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off - Similar Threads - HDD startup delay

2. How to turn off required password on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off required password on startup.: I logged into my Windows account on my computer in troubleshooting. Now its always asking for a password when I turn the computer on. I've switched back to the Local User, but the steps i've seen in...
  3. How to turn off required password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off required password on startup.: I logged into my Windows account on my computer in troubleshooting. Now its always asking for a password when I turn the computer on. I've switched back to the Local User, but the steps i've seen in...
  4. How to turn off required password on startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?: Windows and bios don't agree on which HDD is 1st 2nd or 3rd. So I need to delay 2 HDD's at bootup but once in windows they are ok. 182778
  6. How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?: Windows and bios don't agree on which HDD is 1st 2nd or 3rd. So I need to delay 2 HDD's at bootup but once in windows they are ok. 182778
  7. How do I turn off, not slow, the repeat delay?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off, not slow, the repeat delay?: The repeat delay is the pause before pressing a key for a long time engages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-not-slow-the-repeat-delay/24c63054-5825-48f7-865b-05a3d0b4e75a
  8. Turning off mouse delay after typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off mouse delay after typing: I feel like I've looked everywhere for a solution and nothing has worked. I'm completely stumped and any suggestions are welcomed. submitted by /u/igNeedsABetterName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el2nn3/turning_off_mouse_delay_after_typing/
  9. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off traffic delay in Maps: Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off....
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...