Windows 10: HDD still not showing

Discus and support HDD still not showing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I just re-installed Windows 10 Home, and I went to the Disk Management menu to format my HDD, I did it, restarted my PC, but it still does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZalsusBoi, Jul 20, 2020.

1. HDD still not showing

Hello, I just re-installed Windows 10 Home, and I went to the Disk Management menu to format my HDD, I did it, restarted my PC, but it still does not show. Any help?

submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZalsusBoi, Jul 20, 2020

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD still not showing

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

HDD still not showing

1. HDD still not showing - Similar Threads - HDD still showing

2. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  3. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  4. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  5. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  6. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  7. HDD not showing in Explorer

HDD not showing in Explorer: Hello, I have an old laptop that doesn't have Windows on it. I wanted to put Windows on it by making a Bootable USB, but that didn't work. Then I tried to put Windows on the HDD of my old laptop with a SATA / USB cable and I have a problem with this. My new laptop is not...
  8. HDD shows 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD shows 100%: Current laptop is extremely slow, on the laptop is currently windows 10 Home 64bit - when running task manager i can see that the HDD is running at 100% screenshot below. I've disabled several services Superfetch & Windows Search as well as running a disk scan and...
  9. hdd not showing

hdd not showing: I have a 500 gb ssd as boot drive and 1tb mechanical hdd as backup drive. the 1tb does not show in file explorer or disk manager. help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-not-showing/becd1520-d715-4a70-92a9-32402d94ed3b"
  10. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not showing up: Hi! I recently installed a new hard drive in my computer and it only shows up in device manager. I look at disk manager and it does not show up. Please help!...