Windows 10: HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update?

Discus and support HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the nee update was done , My storage hdd suddenly went uninitalized and cant be detected by any hdd monitors. In device manager it stated as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ob1touchiha, Feb 12, 2020.

1. HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update?

After the nee update was done , My storage hdd suddenly went uninitalized and cant be detected by any hdd monitors. In device manager it stated as unknown device.

In management tool i tried to initalize but it wont initalize, which made my hdd totally unusable (I forgot the exact message)

I managed to fix it by system restore.

But how and why did that happen?

submitted by /u/ob1touchiha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ob1touchiha, Feb 12, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 12, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update?

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update?

1. HDD (Storage device) cant initalize after update? - Similar Threads - HDD Storage device

2. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  3. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  4. HDD Storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD Storage: I was wondering why my 1Tb hard drive has only 931gb, i ruled out that it wasnt because of my os because thats on a seperate drive. Does any one know? submitted by /u/NotCaidzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v12gjo/hdd_storage/
  5. Turn old HDD into storage device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn old HDD into storage device: So I got a new SSD for my HP Compaq DC7900 Small Form Factor. Yes its old i know. So I cloned all of the old data from my harddrive to my SSD. Took me a while but I eventually figured that by unplugging my HDD and leaving just my SSD will make my computer boot up from the...
  6. Turn old HDD into storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn old HDD into storage device: So I got a new SSD for my HP Compaq DC7900 Small Form Factor. Yes its old i know. So I cloned all of the old data from my harddrive to my SSD. Took me a while but I eventually figured that by unplugging my HDD and leaving just my SSD will make my computer boot up from the...
  7. Turn old HDD into storage device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage: is it necessary to buy a new windows 10 product key when I upgrade my HDD storage into SDD storage or my original windows 10 product key was included too when I do cloning?...
  9. Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  10. Cant see hdd after using Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see hdd after using Bitlocker: Ive encrypted one of my hdd with bitlocker and it worked fine in about 2 days but now i cant find it. I can still see it in disc management but when i try changing disc letter i get this message. Any idea on how to make my disk work again? Would really suck to lose all my...