Windows 10: HDD suddenly not recognized

Discus and support HDD suddenly not recognized in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys,Yesterday, when I woke my PC from sleep, one of my drives suddenly stopped working. At first it showed a black screen saying "Fixing E:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PedroSanchez97, May 23, 2024.

1. HDD suddenly not recognized

Hello guys,Yesterday, when I woke my PC from sleep, one of my drives suddenly stopped working. At first it showed a black screen saying "Fixing E: ...". After that it rebooted and the drive was no longer there.I've discarded hardware issues cables and SATA ports trying different ones, but they all have the same result. Same with drivers, Windows says the drive has the latest driver installed.So my last two options are: The drive has failed, which I don't believe to be true since it's only a couple of years oldWindows corrupted the drive and couldn't fix it on it's ownI'm attaching screenshot

:)

PedroSanchez97, May 23, 2024

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 23, 2024
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2024
  4. HDD suddenly not recognized

Second HDD not recognized.

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.

I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not initialized" or something to that effect in Disk Management.

I then tried to use second dual-boot HDD in place of the main HDD, but it would not boot.

The dual-boot was in another desktop that just suddenly died on me. I think the motherboard failed on that desktop (The screen had just suddenly gone black and the keyboard and mouse lights would not turn on anymore). So I don't think there's anything wrong with the dual-boot drive I'm trying to get files from. I just don't understand why the Lenovo desktop I'm using doesn't recognize the dual-boot HDD.

Jaymz_RG1003, May 23, 2024
Thema:

HDD suddenly not recognized

1. HDD suddenly not recognized - Similar Threads - HDD suddenly recognized

2. HDD suddenly not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD suddenly not recognized: Hello guys,Yesterday, when I woke my PC from sleep, one of my drives suddenly stopped working. At first it showed a black screen saying "Fixing E: ...". After that it rebooted and the drive was no longer there.I've discarded hardware issues cables and SATA ports trying...
  3. Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd: Hello,My windows was working perfectly on my desktop this morning, it took 7 seconds to start in total, from powering to being able to browse the internet. Then this morning, out of nowhere it became incredibly slow, i decided to restart the PC and upon restarting, discovered...
  4. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  5. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  6. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internal HDD suddenly not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD suddenly not recognized: It's a 2T internal HDD , I have a 500G SSD that still works but I have no idea what else to do. It has been fine for the past two years. HDD does not show up in BIOS I have tried connecting other saga cables and checked to make sure everything is plugged in snugly. Disk...
  8. 1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized: Hello folks, Just to speed up the aging laptop (Acer Aspire 5740), I replaced HDD with SSD and in the process of replacing the optical drive with the old HDD in HDD caddy. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong all weekend. The HDD works flawlessly. If I put the HDD...
  9. HDD not recognized

HDD not recognized: I have a device that allows exploring HDDs via a UHB hookup. I have several HDDs and have been able to view contents with a device purchased from Cables-to-Go. I don't think that I've used it subsequent to Win 10. Now when I use it it the drives hooked aren't recognized. The...
  10. Portable HDD not recognized

Portable HDD not recognized: I have 2 WD portable HDD's that are not recognized by W10. I plug them into an external Tripp-Lite USB 3.0 that I added as my PC is old and only has USB 2.0 I have never had an issue like this. I used both of these 2Tb portable HDD's for a couple years with zero...