Windows 10: HDD system disk

Discus and support HDD system disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after upgrade from windows 10 PRO 64bit English ver 1709 to 1803 upgrade failed 3 times turned off Norton internet security and 1803 installed how ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobbyBenton, Aug 22, 2018.

1. HDD system disk

after upgrade from windows 10 PRO 64bit English ver 1709 to 1803 upgrade failed 3 times turned off Norton internet security and 1803 installed how ever disk set is now 1 partition EFI 100MB empty C: partition OS partition 4 476MB NTFS OEM partition, partition 5 450MB NTFS OEM partition .

ANYWAY TO CORRECTION THIS PROBLEM

I think the 450 MB is the correct one but I think it should be number 3??????

:)

BobbyBenton, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 22, 2018
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Aug 22, 2018
  4. HDD system disk

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

HDD system disk

1. HDD system disk - Similar Threads - HDD system disk

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. "System" process displays 100% of disk activity of a non-system HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process displays 100% of disk activity of a non-system HDD.: Frequently, Windows 10 seems to slow down, and when I open Task Manager and Resource Monitor, the graphs show maximum disk activity on my G: drive. It's also always that drive, none of the others. This is negatively impacting my use of the PC because I use that drive to store...
  4. "System" process displays 100% of disk activity of a non-system HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" process displays 100% of disk activity of a non-system HDD.: Frequently, Windows 10 seems to slow down, and when I open Task Manager and Resource Monitor, the graphs show maximum disk activity on my G: drive. It's also always that drive, none of the others. This is negatively impacting my use of the PC because I use that drive to store...
  5. "System" process displays 100% of disk activity of a non-system HDD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. New HDD Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New HDD Disk: Hey, I've got a 111GB System Disk A 232GB and a 297GB Disk and I'm thinking of buying a 1tb HDD disk is this compatible with my pc because that disk probably requires some energy, do I need to remove some of the other disks for this disk to fit in? 171529
  7. Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?: A while ago, my old PC died. I got its HDD with windows and put it in a new PC with windows preinstalled I got later, figured out how to access the old HDDs files and everything works fine, just that there are two disks showing up in the This PC window. It doesn't cause any...
  8. Hdd not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hdd not in Disk Management: I am trying to add a second hdd to my new laptop (The first hdd is a m2 ssd). It is a hdd from an older laptop but the drive still worked yesterday in that old laptop. On the new laptop the hdd does show up in the bios but not in disk management in windows. I also booted the...
  9. Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?: Hi Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-system-solid-state-ssd-and-hdd-disk-in/928aca12-c81e-4932-bf00-1b7fdd5bc99c
  10. Best setup for system with both Solid State Disk (SSD) and HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best setup for system with both Solid State Disk (SSD) and HDD: I hope shortly to receive a "pre-owned" Dell M6800 laptop with a 128GB Solid State Disk (SSD) and a 750GB HDD. It comes with 8.1 installed (shudder) and I will upgrade to 10 immediately as I couldn't tolerate 8 or 8.1. Once I've done that, I'll need to transfer all my...