Windows 10: HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop

Discus and support HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First post in this community ! So, I own a HP laptop which came with windows 8 home activated, i updated it with windows 10 a few years back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YashGawande, Nov 14, 2018.

1. HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop

First post in this community !

So, I own a HP laptop which came with windows 8 home activated, i updated it with windows 10 a few years back.

Recently I was facing performance issues, so decided to change the 512 GB HDD with new 240 GB SSD. The laptop's internal components are a bit delicate due to some damage , so I decide to get it done by a local technician. He added a new SSD and removed the HDD , he installed whole new Windows 10 pro trial system on the SSD. All the data on the HDD is intact as it was just physically removed. I don't have the time to setup everything new, and also don't want to give up my activated windows. What is the best way to copy the OS and files of my old drive to the new SSD ? I have a SATA to USB cable, so prefer doing so without physically installing the old HDD due to delicate laptop and just externally via USB.

I only want to copy the C partition as the whole HDD data wont fit in the new smaller SSD. The technician is reluctant and says something like this is not possible. But I don't think a simple storage device change will require fresh install and giving up original windows. I'm stuck-up in the whole process and unable to do my work properly. Please help me out here, if possible...

:)

YashGawande, Nov 14, 2018

2. Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD

Hi

Can i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop if i change my HDD to SSD without losing my OEM windows 10 license ??

Thanx.

islamqasem, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Window 10 Home OEM , HDD to SSD transfer(Move)

I just want to move my Window 10 home OEM from my HDD to SSD. so i clone my window to SSD. change 1st boot priority to SSD. but when i try to start my Laptop its boot from HDD not from SSD. so without boot from SSD i can't format HDD system partition and
    can't use SSD as system

ravi kalathiya, Nov 14, 2018
  4. HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop

Migrating Win10 OEM Upgrade from HDD to SSD

I recently helped a friend with OEM Windows 7 Home Premium on his laptop upgrade to Windows 10. All went well with no probs - so laptop is currently running Windows 10 OEM.

He now wants to swap out the single HDD for a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Can I simply migrate the HDD to the SSD, and then swap the SSD for the HDD - and Windows 10 OEM will still be activated?

I did something similar with my laptop (running Win10 Retail, upgraded from Win8.1 retail), using the Samsung migration software.

Will a similar job work with Win10 OEM?

Thanks for any help/advice.

HenryHonda, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop

1. HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - HDD SSD change

2. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  3. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  4. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD: Hi,I have the HP 250 G4 and I have windows 10 pro installed onto the Hard Drive inside the laptop. I recently purchased a Solid State Drive so I could get better performance out of the laptop as it is for school and I’ll need quite a few tasks running at once. I went into...
  6. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD: Hi,I have the HP 250 G4 and I have windows 10 pro installed onto the Hard Drive inside the laptop. I recently purchased a Solid State Drive so I could get better performance out of the laptop as it is for school and I’ll need quite a few tasks running at once. I went into...
  7. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD

Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD: Hello, I just changed my storage from HDD to SDD and I used my old ISO copy of Windows 10 which I got from registering a reserved copy from an email I received from Microsoft a few years ago. I noticed Windows didn't automatically activate on my PC which is quite unusual. I...
  9. Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD: Hi Can i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop if i change my HDD to SSD without losing my OEM windows 10 license ?? Thanx....
  10. Changing a HDD To a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a HDD To a SSD: Good day to all. I have a windows 10 desktop with two drives installed the main C drive is a SSD which holds all my programs and of course the operating system. Second drive is a HDD which is F drive has all my documents pictures music and so on. Now I have a spare SSD that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop upgrade to ssd windows oem

2. hdd change windows 10 oem