Windows 10: hdd to ssd in asus laptop

Discus and support hdd to ssd in asus laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I stalled evo 860 ssd into my old computer last year with help from you guys Now i need to install evo 860 into my daughters asus laptop x550c Could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wood, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Wood Win User

hdd to ssd in asus laptop

I stalled evo 860 ssd into my old computer last year with help from you guys
    Now i need to install evo 860 into my daughters asus laptop x550c
    Could you help again with best instructions from you and best video on youtube
    I know i need to copy old drive onto new ssd but all may be different with laptop
    Any help and links would be appreciated

:)

2. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Jan 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Can I replace my HDD for SSD in Asus G750JX laptop

I have an Asus G750JX laptop which has one 256GB SSD and one Hitachi 7200rpm 750GB HDD.
    Is it possible to replace the Hitachi HDD for an SSD?

P4-630, Jan 6, 2020
  4. hdd to ssd in asus laptop

New HDD for my Laptop

Ok, I have a Lenovo T60 Laptop. I got it ~3 years ago and it's running very well. (very solid machine) I don't get to have a new laptop until next year, so I want to upgrade my current one. Specs:
    Code: 2GHz Core Duo, 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2-667, X1400M, 100GB 7200rpm HDD[/quote] I use it for school mostly. Internet, word processing, and the occasional 3D game. (Halo, BF2, RCT2) Nothing serious.

The only upgrade I could think of that's worth the money would be to upgrade the HDD. So that's what I want to upgrade. And I'm looking for speed. Here are some requirements:

Hard Drive
    • $75 Max
    • 160GB+
    • Fast
    SSD
    • $100 Max
    • Preferably 60GB+, but I can do 30GB if it's really cheap
    Notes/Concerns:
    • I'd like to have a warranty. Not necessary, but preferred.
    • Single platter hdds ROCK! (But I don't know the # of platters of 2.5in HDDs)
    • The only SSD I'm gonna get is one that's JMicron based. Is it worth it? In other words, JMicron SSD or laptop HDD?
    So any specific recommendations? Thanks! *Smile hdd to ssd in asus laptop :)

angelkiller, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

hdd to ssd in asus laptop

1. hdd to ssd in asus laptop - Similar Threads - hdd ssd asus

2. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  3. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  4. ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2: i want to expand my storage/memory on my ASUS Vivobook14. It currently has an NVMe 320Gb stick in it and 1 x 4Gb RAM installed. There appears to be an open space for a 2.5" HDD connecting with a small ribbon cable. What options are there for this space and what is the best...
  5. ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2: i want to expand my storage/memory on my ASUS Vivobook14. It currently has an NVMe 320Gb stick in it and 1 x 4Gb RAM installed. There appears to be an open space for a 2.5" HDD connecting with a small ribbon cable. What options are there for this space and what is the best...
  6. problem with ssd on Asus laptop fl5900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with ssd on Asus laptop fl5900: Hi everyoneI have Asus laptop fl5900u with 4 gig onboard ram recently I change the HDD hard drive with a ssd pny 240 gig and I have problem with install windows 10 on ssd it got multi blue screen errors but it have Not any problem with old HDD I have changed the ssd with...
  7. Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD

Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD: I want to replace the slow HDD in my Dell refurb Latitude laptop with an SSD. Win 10 Pro product key is on sticker on bottom of computer. Do I just clone the HDD to SSD or do something else?...
  8. Recommend an SSD for my Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recommend an SSD for my Asus Laptop: Hello there, I have an Asus Tuf Gaming fx505dy with Ryzen 5 and Amd 560x. I need to know which SSD will be best for improving the performance of my laptop....
  9. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.: Hey, I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd. The laptop does not have an additional hdd option. Thanks in...
  10. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...