Windows 10: HDD to SSD

Discus and support HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yeagerbear, May 14, 2022.

1. HDD to SSD

how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.specHDD to SSD :Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram

:)

yeagerbear, May 14, 2022

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 14, 2022
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, May 14, 2022
  4. BulldogXX Win User

HDD to SSD

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, May 14, 2022
Thema:

HDD to SSD

1. HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - HDD SSD

2. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat: My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other stuff, my Kingston 120 SSD is used for running windows and some browsers. but ever since last 7 months ago, my HDD all of a sudden...
  3. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat: My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other stuff, my Kingston 120 SSD is used for running windows and some browsers. but ever since last 7 months ago, my HDD all of a sudden...
  4. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to completely remove windows from a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to completely remove windows from a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its...: I know this is a dumb question but i just want to know if you can remove windows on a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its installed in and do i need to install windows agian if i replace the hdd/ssd...
  6. Is it possible to completely remove windows from a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its...

Is it possible to completely remove windows from a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its...: I know this is a dumb question but i just want to know if you can remove windows on a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its installed in and do i need to install windows agian if i replace the hdd/ssd...
  7. Is it possible to completely remove windows from a computer by removing the hdd/ssd its...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?: I have a Windows 10 desktop. My problem is that the C drive is a small SSD, 120G. I have tried to install programs to D drive whenever possible, but C is still full. I want to move my C drive SSD and merge with the existing D drive HDD. What is a good way to do this, without...
  9. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?: I have a Windows 10 desktop. My problem is that the C drive is a small SSD, 120G. I have tried to install programs to D drive whenever possible, but C is still full. I want to move my C drive SSD and merge with the existing D drive HDD. What is a good way to do this, without...
  10. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?