Windows 10: HDD Transfer

Discus and support HDD Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a pc with a hard drive that have windows 7 installed on it. I also have a pc with windows 10 Pro installed in it. The windows 10 pro PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AhmedSuhail, Jan 25, 2021.

1. HDD Transfer

I have a pc with a hard drive that have windows 7 installed on it. I also have a pc with windows 10 Pro installed in it. The windows 10 pro PC's motherboard got damaged. So i thought of removing the windows 7 PC's HDD and put the HDD that has windows 10 pro installed on it into it and later remove the HDD that has windows 10 Pro installed in it and put back the HDD that has windows 7 installed in it. So in this case will i lose windows 7 activation.

:)

AhmedSuhail, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 25, 2021
  4. HDD Transfer

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

HDD Transfer

1. HDD Transfer - Similar Threads - HDD Transfer

2. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  3. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  4. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  6. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  7. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. HDD transfer made my computer screen go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD transfer made my computer screen go black: I’m trying to transfer data from an old Mac book HDD. All was going perfectly fine until it wasn’t. My computer began to slow down a lot and I figured it would be better to file transfer in smaller chucks. I tried to cancel the operation but everything stopped working. I...
  9. HDD transfer made my computer screen go black

HDD transfer made my computer screen go black: I’m trying to transfer data from an old Mac book HDD. All was going perfectly fine until it wasn’t. My computer began to slow down a lot and I figured it would be better to file transfer in smaller chucks. I tried to cancel the operation but everything stopped working. I...
  10. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...